▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

AFTER ABOUT 45 minutes of intense practice, Gustavo finally called for a break, allowing Kimberly and Mindy to catch their breath and rest their muscles. As they gratefully sank onto nearby chairs, Gustavo and Kelly huddled together on the side, their voices low as they engaged in a whispered conversation.

"You know, Kelly," Gustavo remarked, his tone surprisingly mild compared to his usual brusque demeanor. "I have to say, these girls are really shaping up nicely."

Kelly nodded in agreement, a proud smile spreading across her face. "I couldn't agree more, Gustavo," she replied, her voice tinged with satisfaction. "They're picking up on your instructions quickly, and their dedication is commendable."

Gustavo chuckled a hint of amusement in his voice. "I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised," he admitted, his gaze flickering over to where Kimberly and Mindy were chatting animatedly. "I half-expected them to crumble under the pressure, but they're holding their own quite well."

Kelly nodded, her expression thoughtful. "And did you notice?" she asked, a mischievous glint in her eye. "You didn't even have to yell at them once."

Gustavo laughed, a rare twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "That's true," he conceded, a hint of pride in his voice. "Maybe these girls aren't like the dogs after all."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

-'๑'-

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"WOW"

"Wow, what?"

"I mean, he didn't- he didn't like, scream at you guys?"

Kimberly and Mindy exchanged a glance, sharing a silent understanding. "Not really, no," Kimberly replied, shaking her head.

"He was so impressed with us, I think you got your work cut out for you," Mindy added with a smirk, nudging Kimberly playfully.

Logan chuckled with a hint of disbelief in his expression. "Well, I'll believe it when I see it," he said, taking another bite of his sandwich.

Just then, James made his way over to their table with a charming smile on his face. "Hey, ladies," he greeted, flashing them a wink.

Mindy rolled her eyes, but couldn't suppress a smile. "Hey, James," she replied, her tone teasing. "Where's Kendall and Carlos? Late as usual?"

James shrugged, taking a seat beside Logan. "Yeah, something like that," he admitted, running a hand through his hair. "But you know Kendall, always fashionably late."

Logan chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, and Carlos probably got distracted by something shiny on the way over," he added, earning a laugh from the others.

As Logan's joke elicited laughter from the group, Kimberly's attention briefly shifted towards the entrance of the Palm Woods, where she spotted Kendall and Carlos making their way towards their table. A glint of amusement danced in her eyes as she observed Kendall's characteristic swagger and Carlos's playful demeanor.

But as quickly as the moment came, Kimberly's gaze returned to her lunch.

Kendall flashed them a sheepish grin, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Sorry we're late," he apologized, taking a seat beside Kimberly. "Carlos got distracted by something shiny again."

Carlos pouted exaggeratedly, earning a round of laughter from the group as he settled into his seat. "Hey, I can't help it if shiny things are my weakness," he protested, his eyes twinkling with amusement.