𝐢𝐢. Late Night Talking.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Two | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

SWEAT DRIPPED DOWN Kimberly's forehead as she and Kendall waited to audition

SWEAT DRIPPED DOWN Kimberly's forehead as she and Kendall waited to audition. The venue was filled with the sound of singers practicing their notes and instruments being tuned, but all Kimberly could focus on was the endless wait.  The tension was palpable, and both Kimberly and Kendall were starting to show signs of agitation.

She shot a glance at Kendall and saw the same frustration on his face.

"Do you like music?" Kendall broke the awkward silence by turning to Kimberly and asking. "Is it-Is it something you're passionate about?"

Kimberly hesitated momentarily before responding, "I enjoy music, but it's not my biggest passion. What about you?"

Kendall shrugged, trying to match Kimberly's lack of enthusiasm. "I like music, but I wouldn't say it's my biggest passion either."

"Okay," Kimberly responded in annoyance, clearly not interested in discussing music any further.

Kendall could sense the tension in the air and quickly changed the subject. "So, what brings you here today?" he asked, hoping to find a more comfortable topic.

"Well, I'm here to support Mindy, as you know. She's very passionate about music, and I don't want to let her down by not coming here to show it."

Kendall nodded in understanding. "You know, I was doing the same thing for James, but then I realized that this could be an opportunity for me."

Kimberly's eyebrows shot up. "An opportunity for what?"

"Other things." Kendall looked at her intently.

"Other things? Like what?" Kimberly was intrigued, but also skeptical.

Kendall hesitated for a moment before replying, "Let's just say that music could open some doors for me."

Kimberly was still skeptical. "You don't even like music. Why would you think it could help you?"

Kendall's expression grew more serious. "I have my reasons. And honestly, it's none of your business."

Kimberly felt a bit frustrated with Kendall's vague answers. She couldn't help but wonder what kind of opportunity he saw in something he didn't even like.

"Fine," she said, rolling her eyes. "But if you're going to keep me in the dark about this opportunity, I hope it's worth it."

Kendall shrugged. "It might be, it might not be. I'm just trying to keep an open mind and see where things go."

"Good luck with that."

"Thanks, I will."

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎