He turns and I know he sees me cause his smile falters and he clenches his jaw. Matteo follows his eyeline noticing me to and turns to Danica. I watch as she gives him and Gio stern looks like she's holding a secret conversation with them. I turn back facing the bar. If it was such a thing for me being here why did she invite me. I knew he didn't like seeing me with another client but I don't want to ruin his party. I smell him before I see him.

"What are you doing here?" he asks caging me against the bar.

I turn my head slightly to look at him, "I was summoned by your sisters. But I don't want to ruin your party so I'll leave."

He clenches his jaw again, "what, you have to go get high with someone."

I turn in his arms, "you really want to do this right here right now?"

He shrugs, "just let me know now if you have a problem."

I can't help but to glare at him. "I don't have a fucking problem so how dare you insinuate some bullshit like that. You don't know shit about me."

"I know what the fuck I saw Brooke."

"Yeah, so fucking what? That's the line you draw but me getting paid to entertain people is okay?"

"No, it's actually not. Was that your first time doing that or is it a habit with all your clients?"

I take a deep breath trying to reel in my anger. "Is this really how you want to spend your birthday party? Arguing with me about MY JOB."

"No."

He moves away from me angrily and I take another shaky breath. Fuck him. He knows nothing about my fucking life and what I do in my spare time. I don't have a fucking problem. I have a problem being boring and people trying to fucking control me. Even if I did have a problem it's not his fucking business.

"Are you okay Brooke?" I hear someone ask.

I turn to see Jasmine standing there. "Not really."

She hands me a napkin nodding to my face. I wipe a tear I didn't know fell. "Don't mind Gio, he'll get over his shit."

"Do you know too?" She nods. "No offense your son is an asshole."

She laughs, "everyone in this family is, you get use to it." She looks at me seriously, "you are to fucking fine to spend the night leaning against this bar sulking bitch."

I can't help to laugh, "he doesn't want me here Jas."

She shrugs, "who gives a fuck? You were invited so if he wants to sulk and be petty then you can too. There's plenty dudes here who wouldn't mind entertaining you for the evening."

"He'll be pissed."

"He already is so might as well have fun too."

I laugh, "your son is going to be pissed at you too."

She shrugs, "I don't care, he'll get over it." She holds up two fingers to the bartender who nods at her.

"Here you go Mrs. Mancini" he says bringing two shots over.

"Thanks James." She hands a shot to be, "to pissing off my son."

I laugh clinking glasses with her before throwing back the shot. She throws me a wink before walking away to her man. "If you know what's best for you, I wouldn't listen to her" I hear someone say on my right.

I turn to see a brown skin guy with long dreads, "Do you make it a habit to eavesdrop on other peoples' conversations?"

He chuckles, "I'm observant." I can't help but to scoff. "Seriously don't listen to Jas. He'll get over it in a few minutes just cause you're here. Don't doubt what you mean to him."