Chapter 16

Crystal happily chatted with Cedric during dinner, he introduced her to the first years that had already been sorted into Hufflepuff the first day. She met Susan Bones and Hannah Abbot, she found Susan to be nice and Hannah was okay.

She learned that Susan Bones's Aunt was Amelia Bones the head of the DMLE, she also learned that Hannah and Susan were best friends and had since they were toddlers.

Soon enough the feast was over she and the other newly sorted first-years were led to the Hufflepuff common room and shown the secret to getting in. Crystal didn't feel like getting soaked in Vinegar so she made sure to commit the password to memory. She watched carefully as Cedric tapped on different barrols to the tune of 'Helga Hufflepuff', when he was done he took one step back and the barrols moved to show an entrance into the common room.

Crystal looked around the room as the group walked in. There was a fireplace up against the left wall with a big fuzzy yellow carpet in front of it. She assumed that magic was involved in making sure the carpet didn't catch fire, She could already imagine days of sitting in front of the fire soaking up its heat for her fire core.

There was a low coffee table on the edge of the carpet, it was a dark brown wood of some kind. Black couches surrounded it, there were also black loveseats and chairs around the room. The walls were a light yellow, it wasn't too light to be white but it wasn't a bright yellow that assaulted your eyes when you saw it.

There were bookshelves and a few tables in one corner of the room, Cedric saw her looking at them and smiled, "That's the study corner, it's surrounded by a silencing charm so the noise of the common room doesn't affect those who are using it."

Crystal smiled at him, "Thanks Cedric, the corner sounds like an awesome idea, I wonder if the other houses have something simmilar?"

Cedric shrugged, "I know the Ravenclaws and Griffindors don't, I get why the Griffindors don't have a corner like that they don't really like sitting down and studying like that but you would expect the Ravenclaws to have them."

"Have you mentioned the corner to Professor Flitwick, He might want to add it to the Ravenclaw common room?"

"No, but that's a good idea Crystal thanks, I'll mention it to him tomorrow after classes are done," Cedric smiled at her before pointing to a staircase.

"That's the girls dormrooms, yours is the first door you see, the one with the number one on it, Boys can't get up there just like girls can't get up into the boys dorms."

Crystal at the mention of the dorms let out a yawn which caused Cedric to laugh, "How about you head on up to bed little Gem, I'll be in the common room for a bit longer if you need something okay?"

Crystal didn't take any notice of the nickname, she just nodded and walked up the stairs. Cedric was right when he told her the first-year dorms would be behind the first door she saw.

She just walked in and collapsed into the bed that had her trunk at the foot of it. She didn't bother changing as she fell asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

She woke a few hours later, she glanced over at each of her roommates and smiled when she saw that they were all asleep. She quietly got out of bed and shuffled her way to the bathroom, looking around she was relieved that there were no portraits in the room with her.

If there had been portraits in the bathrooms here then Crystal would have complained. The students deserve privacy when they're going bathroom or taking a shower.

Crystal double-checked the room to make sure no one was watching her before she relaxed. Within moments the room lit up in a flash as Crystal transformed. She sighed in relief as she felt the transformation wash over her, she was used to transforming every night to go fight crime, ever since she came here she hadn't found a place she could go ghost without anyone watching.