Chapter 14

Eclipse's eyes fluttered open, only to see blurred lines and faded shapes and colours. Though, the colours were a mix of purple, blue, and black; having Eclipse all confused and having their brain confuzzled and struggling to get up. Eclipse grunted and groaned as they forced themselves to at least sit up.

"Ugh... Shhhit... What... what's going on? Where am I?" Eclipse asked himself under the wave of dizziness and nausea.

Once Eclipse's vision cleared up, he realized that he was in the mindscape; which only fueled the confusion that he already had. Eclipse raised a hand to go up to their face and ran it down to their chin; their fingers sliding slowly over their eyes. He blinked for a few seconds to clear up his vision, and he was, indeed, in the mindscape.

Did he do this to himself? Was the trauma so severe that he pulled himself into his mindscape? Was it too much for them? Are they dead?

"Nice to see you awake." A familiar voice rang through, causing Eclipse to flinch and look back to see Solar Flare.

Right... Eclipse took over Solar Flare's body and, therefore, trapped within their own mindscape.

Eclipse slightly glared at Solar Flare and muttered as he looked down at the cloudy ground. "What do you want? Here to taunt me? Mock me? Tell me it's my fault?" Eclipse whimpered at that last part.

"No. None of that. I pulled you in myself to talk to you." Solar Flare replied and crouched down to Eclipse's height.

Eclipse was slightly taken aback and blinked. "What? You've gotta be joking... right?" Eclipse asked in disbelief.

"No joke. I am... offering my help." Solar Flare replied.

Eclipse continued to blink in confusion. "But why? I thought you hated me as well." Eclipse tilted his head to the side ever so slightly.

"I don't like you that much. However... I can set aside my differences and help you. If anything, I despise those monsters for continuing to torture you beyond belief. They burned you, tore out your rays and teeth, trapped you in a room of fire, and even... assaulted you in a... very inappropriate way." Solar Flare said with a low growl as their eyes glared downwards, thinking about all the treatment that Eclipse was forced to go through.

Solar Flare then looked back up at Eclipse. "I'll be working on a plan to help you escape. However, it may take some time. I know it's going to be hard, but please... try to hold out a little bit longer... yeah?" Solar Flare asked gently, eyes almost pleading with Eclipse.

Eclipse was in shocked. They... they couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Solar Flare... out of everyone... is willing to help him. They started to cry and launch themselves at Solar Flare and hugged the other tightly; catching them off guard. Solar Flare took a couple of seconds to bear what was going on and came around, hugging back and rubbing Eclipse's back a bit. They heard Eclipse's small whimpers of "Thank yous" and "You're a lifesaver" and so much more. Solar Flare hugged Eclipse a bit tighter and whispered soft and reassuring nothings towards the other.

Soon, after a few minutes of hugging, the two pulled apart slowly, and Solar Flare gently wiped away Eclipse's tears as he sniffed a bit. "Trust me... I'll be here in the forefront and formulating a plan." Eclipse then nodded at the reply. "And..." Solar Flare began, catching Eclipse's attention.

"I'm sorry for being snarky towards you..." Solar Flare said. Eclipse gave a little smile and hugged the other once again, though not as tight before.

"I forgive you." Eclipse whispered.

Solar Flare was caught off guard once more; getting over the initial shock and hugged back once again. "I promise... I'll get you out of here..."

The duo stayed in the embrace for a while longer for the other's comfort.

It's just going to be a little bit longer. Eclipse will just need to hang in there a bit longer.

At least he has Solar Flare.