𝟕. 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞

My life is ready to take a 360 turn and I am so here for it

I leave the gigantic building of RE, with fumbling papers in my hand, smiling ear to ear, thinking of how my dreams are coming to life.

In all the excitement I actually forgot to inform my mum and dad about this big news.

I unlock my phone as I call my mother. She picks it up in the first ring as if she was literally waiting for the call only.

"Mumma, I got selected." I cut straight to the point.

"Eva- Selected? Selected for the final interview? Means you qualified the entrance test baccha?"
Mumma said as I broke the news.

"No Maa, I got selected for the job. I got hired Maa. Hired as a junior scientist in The Raizada Empire, hired as a member of the core committee of Raizada's next biggest project. I made it Maa, I made it." Tears brimmed my eyes as I shared my heart with my mother.

"Eva kanna, are you being serious right now?" I could feel her tears coming as her voice cracked. "But hiring is a 2-day process Evara, how did you get hired today itself?" My dad asked as I assumed the phone must be on speaker.

"Dad I managed to get the perfect full score on the RRT and seeing that Arnav Sir was stoked so he called me for interview today itself and let's say I impressed him." I answered my dad's query.

"Kanna we're so proud of you. We knew it you will make it. You have brought so much joy and pride for us. This is the glory of the Almighty." My mum said in her happiest tone.

"Yes maa." I felt grateful for god's grace.
"Okay maa, I am coming home. We're gonna party hard now." I said in excitement as she happily agreed.

Aarohi was supposed to pick me an hour ago according to my schedule, but this unexpected interview took 2 extra hours and I think she must be waiting for me outside.

I reached the foyer of the building walking towards the exit. I took exit out of the building and took a relieved breath in as I eyed the vast campus of the Empire.

I walk towards the gate and there I see Aarohi frantically waiting for me in her car. As soon her eyes fall on me, she rushes to me.

In the meantime I think of playing a little prank. I, on purpose put a sad face on pretending that I miserably failed at the interview.

"Eevs, what- what happened? Why do you-? How was the exam and board intervi-?" I cut Aarohi off and said "Aarohi not right now please I don't wanna talk about anything please"

I act as if I am about to cry but deep down I am laughing inside. Aarohi's face screams confusion as she is completely blank on how to react.