Chapter 1 - Lost.

It all started with a young girl named Orchid, she was a girl with Dark skin and purple hair. She wants to make friends but is shy to people and would only talk to her close friends, Orchid's mother was a really close friend of Velvet and Veneer's mother which made the three of them (Vel, Ven and Orchid) really close, especially Orchid and Velvet. Veneer was a year older from Velvet but has the same birthday.

But remember trios don't always work, so one day as the three were playing, Orchid had to leave Velvet and Veneer's house because it was getting really late. You see, these three went to the same school and as the next day came Orchid was waiting outside of Velvet and Veneer's house but no one showed up, Orchid was disappointed and didn't knew where they went. And knocked at the door,
"Hello? Is anyone there? Velvet? Veneer?" she spoke as she knocked on the door, she realized that there was no one inside the house and She ran to her mom with a disappointed face,

"Why aren't you at school sweetie?" Orchid's mother asked. Orchid was quite mad at her mother for not telling her that where Velvet and Veneer gone, they were the only friends she had,
"I don't feel like it, why didn't you tell me before when Velvet and Veneer is moving out mom!"
Orchid spoke quite mad. Her mother gave her a sad look, it was hard to separate these three mischiefs during these days...

Orchid and her mother have a small, heated argument about this topic and made her cry, as she is really disappointed at her mom and also to Velvet and Veneer, "why didn't they told me that they were leaving? "
Orchid questioned herself. She kept questioning herself again and again, which made her mom to make an excuse to not come to school just to take a one-day break, Orchid then took her cell phone to contact Velvet or Veneer to realized they had changed their number and have no way to contact them. She had some self-reflection on herself and decided to focus on her studies then will find and catch up to her childhood friends.

Orchid grew and made a few friends and was called the nerd of the school because she was always getting A+ in quizzes and exams. Until she had to move for some unknown reason, her mom wouldn't tell her why. Orchid made a few friends and was sad that she was moving, all the memories she made at that place. Though she was excited what place she will move to, who knows she might find new friends? Orchid still studies often and also thinks about her childhood friends, Veneer and Velvet. Orchid really misses the V siblings.

As they started to unpack the suitcases and organizing the new house a neighbor greeted Orchid and her mother. He had braided hair with the color of gradient blueish-yellow hair, which probably he dyed, with a purple beanie, brown skin tone and a hoodie around his body. He knocked at the door with some goodies in a basket.
"Hello there! You're the new neighbor, right? Here are some goodies Me and my parents prepared for you!"
He said with a bright smile, the guy introduced himself as "Kid Ritz".

"Aww thanks Ritz! I'm Orchid, nice to meet you!"
Orchid spoke and held out her hand for a handshake, Ritz shook her hand excitedly.
"Well to get to know each other, wanna hangout at Thursday?"
Ritz offered, and Orchid agrees.
Once Orchid finished unpacking, she asked her mom if she could hang out with the neighbor (Kid Ritz),
"Mom, Could I hang out with the neighbor, Kid Ritz?"
Orchid asked. Her mom turned to look at her with a smile,
"Oh my, you already made a friend I see? Well, if that's so yes you may, enjoy dear!" Orchid's mom replied as Orchid thanked her and left.

Orchid knocked on Ritz House door and a tall male with green hair opened the door, "Excuse me, but who are you and what are you doing here?"
the unknown male asked. Orchid was quite confused but answered,
"Well I'm the new neighbor and I was wondering if Ritz is home so I could hang out with him and get to know him more...?"
Orchid spoke quite unsure to trust this person,
"Anyways My names Orchid, it's nice to meet you. Are you by any chance a relative of Ritz?"
Orchid continued.
"Veneer, and no I'm someone close but not a relative to Ritz."
he said bluntly. Orchid shrugged it off but felt an uneasy feeling about this person. Just then Ritz came to the door and saw Orchid outside,
"Hey Ven why are you out-"
Ritz Sentence was cut short seeing Orchid presence,
"Hey Ritz! Remember the hangout plan thingy you promised last time...?"
Orchid asked with a sweet smile. Veneer rolled his eyes and looked at Ritz. Apparently Ritz has mistook his schedule and forgotten the hangout he planned with her was today.
"Wait what day it is?"
Ritz asked.
"Thursday right? Just liked you planned?" Orchid asked, "is it a mix up or what?"
"Gosh, I must've mixed up my schedule... But its alright. By any chance, do you mind having Veneer to join us?"
Ritz asked.
Orchid didn't mind if Veneer came along, "The more the merrier, it just adds a new friend!" she thought. They all went to a cafe to talk together, though Veneer didn't like it, but he just stayed quiet. After a while it was getting boring and just awkward, they had known alot about each other but Veneer.
"Hey uh... it's getting late mind if I get your number to talk to you know?"
Ritz spoke, Orchid nodded and placed her phone number on Ritz phone. As for Veneer he was glaring at Orchid the time.

Soon, Ritz and Veneer went home together as for Orchid went home alone. "I'm home mom!"
Orchid said as she opened the door and stepped in the house.
"Welcome back my dear! How was it with Ritz? Did you have fun?" Her mom said exited to hear her story with Ritz. Orchid hesitated a little before she speaks,
"It was fine, there was also another person there with us named Veneer. his name sounds familiar, very familiar."
Orchid's mom stopped doing what she was doing and froze, almost dropping the dishes, before she replied to her daughter.
"Well, if that's so, get some rest, you have school the next day dear."
Orchid's mom said softly. Orchid nodded and went upstairs to go to her room. She placed her bag on the table, changed into comfortable clothes and rest.

"Veneer huh..."

————————————————————
Word count: 1133

Hello! I hope you're already enjoying Chapter 1, Chapter two is still ongoing and I don't have much time so I hope you all could understand ❤️🙏🏽

- Yuna/Verella