Chapter 7: Fever

Please vote before, while or after reading this part 🙏🙏
______________________________________

At night...

Shehnaaz was sitting on the bed and thinking about everything that happened. She was trying hard to make herself understand that everything she saw was not real. Maybe she was stressed that was why it happened. But still she couldn't believe that everything was not real as she saw it with her own eyes.

Shehnaaz's thought broke when Sidharth entered her room and kept a plate of food on the table.

She looked at him and was about to say something when Sidharth left from there without giving her a chance to say anything. Shehnaaz remembered those harsh words he said to her.

"Nahi. Mujhe unse duri bana ke rakhni hogi. Main nahi chahti woh mujhe aur galat samjhe." She said in her mind wiping off her tears.

At Midnight...

Shehnaaz was sleeping when a melodious tune came to her ears. Though the tune was not loud but it easily broke Shehnaaz's sleep.

She sat up and looked outside. It was raining heavily. The sound of the tune got mixed with the sound of the rain. Though it was not clear but she wondered from where the tune was coming.

Shehnaaz removed the duvet from her body and stood up from the bed. She wore her slippers and came out of her room. She started following the source of the tune. As she walked towards it, the tune started becoming clear.

Shehnaaz suddenly froze at her place after recognising the tune. How could she forget this tune? It was the same tune which Sana used to play in their childhood.

Flashback...

"Shehnaaz! Shehnaaz! Paata hai aaj Sir ne mujhe ek naya tune sikhaya hai." Said little Sana excitedly showing her little cute keyboard piano. "Main tujhe sunau?"

"Nahi. Mujhe kuch nahi sun na." Said little Shehnaaz making an angry pout. "Tu mujhe chhor ke jaa rahi hai. Isliye main tujhse katti hoon!"

"Offo! Tere pair mein chot lagi hai na? Tu nahi jaa sakti mere saath school excursion pe."

"Par tu pure do din ke liye jaa rahi hai. Mujhe teri gandi wali yaad aayegi."

Sana thought for a while keeping her finger on her cheek and said, "Mere paas ek idea hai. Lekin uske liye tujhe yeh tune sun na hoga."

"Okay." Said Shehnaaz cutely nodding her head.

Sana brought her mother's small phone and turned on the recorder. Then she started playing the tune in her keyboard while Shehnaaz listened to the tune keeping her chin on her one hand.

After finishing the tune, Sana turned off the recorder.

"Kitna accha tune bajaya tune." Said Shehnaaz to which Sana smiled.

"Thank you. Aur ab yeh record ho chuka hai." Said Sana showing the phone. "Tujhe jab jab bhi meri yaad aayegi tu iss tune ko sun na. Tujhe lagega main tere aas paas hi hoon."

Shehnaaz gave a huge smile and then the sisters hugged each other.

Flashback Ends...

"Yeh toh woh hi tune hai jo Sana play karti thi." Thought Shehnaaz and again started walking slowly. She was getting scared. Her whole body was shivering in fear. Still she kept walking.

Soon she stood near the picture windows of their living room. The tune was now very loud. With shivering hands, she slowly opened the window. Some drops of rain came inside the house and fell on her body.