The Realization

Chapter 3 - The Gurudwara Meet

" Do dil mil rahe hain , magar chupke chupke " ~~

One week later

Ekam's pov
I got ready for college. Taking the keys of my car I went out of our 3 bhk apartment where me and simran are staying. I unlocked the car and got inside and started driving . On my way to college , I was passing a Gurudwara and felt a sudden urge to visit it . I have never been a religious person , I just visited it occasionally mostly when my mom insisted but today it was an internal feeling . I stopped the car and got out . After washing my feet at the entrance , I stepped in to seek blessings , the melodious kirtan ( these are sikh hymns which are sung at Gurudwara ) filling my ears and mind with peace .

I knelt down to offer prayer and after taking the prasad got up to leave for college.

I was about to wear my shoes when I spotted Nehmat sitting against a pillar wearing a floral anarkali dress .
Is Nehmat the reason God called me to Gurudwara ? I brushed my thoughts and a smile made way on my face as I approached her .

"Nehmat" I spoke softly as I bent down to her level . She faced me surprise clearly visible in her eyes .

" Ekam, you here " She said as she got up .

"Yeah, I was going to college but a thought crossed that I should visit here " I said

" Do you come daily?" I asked

" Not daily ,but whenever possible , I find peace here " she said with a smile as we walked out .

"And today is test also , so I thought to pray for everyone " she added

" Including me " I asked playfully

" Y..yes ! I mean obviously " she answered as she looked at me

" Thank you " I smiled

" Shall I drop you " I asked as we both were going to college

" No, I'll manage " she said

"Are you sure ?"

"Yeah" she answered

" Okay ! As you wish Madam " I said

She went to the stop to wait for a cab while I went towards my car but stood outside . I waited there until she sat in the cab to make sure she reaches safely . After she left I got inside the car and drove to college.

Nehmat's pov

" Good morning class ! I hope everyone is prepared for the test , so let's begin " The professor said and started distributing the test paper to us . It was an objective test but still my palms were sweating . I wrote my name on it and started writing the answers.

Time skip

" How was your test ?" Tanvi asked me as we stepped out of the classroom.

" It was good" I replied

" And yours ?" I asked her

" For me it was average " she said

By that time Ekam and Aarav joined us .
" Ekam , I am sure you will top even this time " Tanvi said as they reached upto us

" Yeah , even I hope so " Ekam said

"And don't ask about mine , I don't even expect to pass" Aarav said

" Don't underestimate yourself Aarav you are my best friend , you cannot fail " Ekam said with a grin