You got yourself out of the pool and let him wrap you in the towel, you were shivering, he stepped forward to hold you and when he did you stepped back, as if he burned.

He looked down and saw the syringe=e, wordlessly he moved and picked it up, he looked up and your eyes met, he held it up.

"What did he reject you something?"

Slowly you nodded.

"What was it?"

You blushed and looked away from him, wrapping your arms around yourself, you were suddenly shy around him. You realized you should just tell him the truth.

"It's to...make it possible for me to have a child with a super soldier."

Bucky said your name with a tone that was between sadness and envy.

"I'm heading back to my room."

Suddenly you found yourself exhausted, was it a side effect of the drug? You had no idea, you left Bucky there, you looked at him and he was looking at the water seemingly lost in thought, you put on tour flip flops and made your way slowly to you room.

You walked to the bathroom and scrubbed your whole body, shaving and getting clean, when you stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a nightdress you felt like a new woman. Rooster looked up at you and gave you an appreciative meow.

Smiling and feeling beautiful and relaxed you got into bed, falling asleep when your head hit the pillow.

{The Next Day}

You were woken up by a hand gently on your face, you opened your eyes and saw Steve sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Morning Baby Girl." He smiled.

You sat up and looked at the end of the bed, there was a breakfast tray, what looked like eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes – it was on one plate but it looked like enough to feed two people.

"With the shot your metabolism is going to be increasing, so you are going to be hungrier."

He was right, you normally didn't feel this much hunger when you woke up. You moved to get to the food but he stopped you, putting his knuckled under your chin, he had serious look on his face, Rooster rubbed his leg then went back and laid down.

"I am having them sent Peggy to a second Wakanda site on the other side of Africa – I told her that I needed to be with you and we would be trying for a baby, moreover you and I need our privacy right now – you need to be remined of the natural hierarchy when it comes to us..."

Your heart soared at hearing that he had sent her away – you would have paid money to see her reaction when he told her the two of you were going to start trying for a baby, this was a significant move, he was setting her aside, and was now fully focused on you.

Before he could continue you wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him close.

--- Peggy's Point of View ---

"I'm sorry Peggy, I care about you, and a part of me will always love you – you were my first love but she – she is my last. I want to be with her, I want to grow with her. I'm not the same man you met at Camp Lehigh in 1941. Her and I...we are going to be trying for a family..."

"She isn't right for you Steve."

He shook his head, I could see the annoyance in his eyes and it broke my heart.

"I'm sorry, but she is right for me – and I have been one fucking idiot not to see it."

"Why...why wouldn't you want a child with me?"