【𝐒】𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Ah, yes? Do you need something?"

"I was hoping to ask you some questions." You stated. "You see, I'm here to investigate the series of accidents happening in the school." She nodded slowly.

"So I've heard. Tragic incidents I tell you, some students we recognized were players from the recent Magic Shift lineups, it's been hot gossip between us paintings!" She excitedly said that deemed as a loud whisper, covering her mouth with her fan secretively.

"Really? Then, may I ask if you've seen someone suspicious anywhere here during the incidents?" You looked around the hallway to check if you're alone. When the coast was clear, you leaned in and whispered. "Like someone who's casting magic...?"

She gasped silently in her fan. The information seems to fire up the gossip attitude within her. "Oh, my! How didn't I even notice it sooner!!" Her eyes widened even more, whispering back. You sweat-dropped, as much as you found her a lovely woman, you thought she's only here for the gossip.

Suddenly, the unexpected happened. There was a loud shout coming from the staircase that alerted you and the woman as you can smell a slight aroma of a subtle and bitter-sweet note with a hint of creamy sweetness that you haven't smelled before when coming here. Magic.

Your brows knitted together as you immediately yet politely excused yourself. Hastily running to the source of sound and trying to make your way in the small crowd of murmuring students, that you almost didn't catch the irritating chuckles of your culprit that echoed within your ear's reach.

It's almost like he was taunting you, insisting on playing the game of cat and mice. That he, himself, had made.

Your eyes widen a mere fraction and you can slowly feel the anger bubbling in you. At the bottom of the stairs was Riddle with a worried look on his face, while on the ground before him is the injured body of Trey.

"Trey! Riddle!"

Now, your mice have gone too far.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was really a shock to see Trey on the ground as Riddle had explained to you what exactly happened while carrying the injured senior to the infirmary. The green haired senior saved Riddle from falling down the stairs where Trey instead injured his foot.

When his story ended, you couldn't help but tell him the assignment that the Headmaster gave you. Your theories, assessment and observation of how students kept on injuring themselves in the past few days, dropping like flies.

You were taken aback when you saw a shadow casted upon Riddle's face by the time you ended. Now admitting the same confession you have gotten during your own investigation.

"It was like my body moved on its own."

And so, It wasn't that long when you found yourself in Heartslabyul, specifically in Trey's room. Riddle had excused himself for a moment while you stayed behind to give Trey some company.

You actually didn't expect the room to smell pleasantly sweet but it made sense since Trey often spends his time baking the sweets or doing experiments in the alchemy lab. On the bed was a fully awake Trey, a bandage wrapped around his head and his foot that was in a cast, requiring crutches.

He was peacefully reading the textbook you'd brought along with you and scanned every word in it. Including the notes that you've written from previous classes. Trey seems to be at peace as you watched him from the door frame with crossed arms and your back leaned against the wall.

What concentration. "If only our dorm's freshmen would be as diligent as you in their studies." Trey mumbled with a sigh and turned to you after closing the textbook by his lap.