Draft. Kai's 'disappearance'?

(I drew this one also <⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠> )

   Kai "disappears".

  + At first KRS thinks that she's just running late and couldn't make it in time to pick him up or make dinner but when he wakes up the next morning he slowly becomes paranoid as he makes up many many scenarios of what could've happened to her as he packs himself a small lunch and checks his emergency phone to see if Kai had responded to his texts. They were left on read...

  + He goes through his school day in a daze and constantly checking his phone, when Kai isn't there to pick him up from school he rushes home as fast as possible only to find it (half ransacked?-maybe) empty of life.

  + Concerned and on the precipice of panic, him pacing back and forth while thinking, he jumps, startled, when all of a sudden the landline rings. He picks up the line with his reflexive response asking, "Hello, this is the Jackson-Kim residence. Who is it."

  + KRS is glad and brightens for a moment when he realizes that it's a colleague from Kai's workplace, one of her friends that he's met before. He hoped that she was calling to tell him that Kai had just fallen asleep at work and was fine, that she was apologizing to him for Kai not telling him anything.

  + Only for his hope to be broken when she asked if Kai was sick because she didn't show up to work, without even a notice before hand. Ten year old KRS's world shattered and his knees buckled under him as he slumped down with the phone still to his ear, eyes shaking at the possibilities of what might've happened. He desperately asked if she had heard anything from Kai since the day before and Kai's colleague responded that she hadn't.

  + Now in a full blown panic, KRS quickly hangs up after a thanks and goodbye and hurriedly dials 119 (911) about Kai being missing. He sits for a moment as the person on the other side answers and he's unsure what to say but once he hears the person ask if everything's alright he bursts out crying while telling the operator everything.

  + Later, police arrive at Kai's and KRS's apartment to find the blank, puffy eyed, tear stained face of KRS. He tells them everything as he clutches Kai's favorite mug filled with hot coco, he stared at the marshmallows floating in it, it was the two of them's favorite drink.

  + He trembles as he struggles not to cry again and answers the detectives questions as well as he can. KRS is brought to the station and is quickly handed off to his uncle, as his next of kin he is also listed as his next guardian.

  + KRS had met him before with Kai but had never really taken a liking to him and simply knew that he was his uncle and knew somewhat of what his personality was like.

  + But once he saw his uncle, someone who was indeed a friend of Kai's and his last relative by blood, he could suddenly only depend on him even if he didn't want to. And cried into his embrace.

   Scene change.

  + Kai had just deposited more money into KRS's future bank account and had dealt with other matters of importance related to his future. She knew that the time in which she could look after KRS was closing which was why she was setting up his future in as many ways as possible.

  + She could see that his uncle's future was corrupted in some way but was unable to tell any more than that, so instead, she took precautions that would allow KRS to get into a good orphanage if need be. She also lined up schools for KRS to enroll in in case she suddenly disappeared earlier than expected.

  + Just as Kai was on her way to pick up KRS from school, when she started to approach the last corner before reaching the school. She started to text KRS that she was around the corner before she was interrupted. (The text— Hey kiddo! I'm just round the corner, I'll be ther -(e in a minute)) 

  + A sudden pop-up from the system interface appeared in front of her vision. It showed only one sentence, "[The Deity is taking you both out.]". But it soon glitched harshly out of existence, it wasn't supposed to do that, it was a servant being created by the twins and more powerful than any System or being in nearly all universes or World Webs. It was the Deity's fault and that was the only explanation, other than an ill-timed prank.

  + All of a sudden without even a second for thought, Kai felt as her body started being pulled up towards the sky by an invisible force. A haze and a veil of Mist suddenly burst out from around her body and engulfed the surrounding areas. In the scuffle she had dropped her phone.

  + "What..?" She muttered in disbelief when she was first grabbed. "What!?! Hey!- Wait! HEY! HEY! HEY! Wait! Wait!! Stop-! H-hold on! Wait! J-just give me second!!! WAIT!-" She struggled against it in disbelief, shock, anger, and annoyance at the situation as she at least didn't want her newfound ward to think that she abandoned him.

  + She tried to use her powers and grip her legs down with the earth but the restraints she made simply broke and shattered as she was pulled up at an even pace. Her waist and wrists were held tightly but they hadn't been the full strength of The Deity, it was only a designated portion which was calculated to be just enough more powerful than the twins, it was certainly a humiliating and infuriating situation, the only thing Kai could do was loosen and shake the restraints.

  + "L-let me say Bye- Damnit!" Kai shouted, frustrated as she was yanked upward at a faster pace. Kai was pulled into the stratosphere and through a transparent barrier that surrounded the universe. She shook off the restraints as they weakened after passing through the barrier and ran towards the shield.

  + She pounded on the barrier with both fists as she shouted profanities. "DAM IT! LET ME GO BACK! AT LEAST LET ME EXPLAIN! OR MAKE UP A DAM SCENARIO! Or just-just SOMETHING!" She slumped against the transparent barrier with her face hidden by her hair as she muttered curses towards the Deity and the being who had cursed her new ward.

  + "Ahhgrr..." She growled lowly. " That god. That dam god. That fucking god. Always so useless. So fucking useless. Stupid, idiot, imbecile, dumbass, numbskull, dead brain, asshole, bitch, bastard, mother fucker, cunt, road kill feed. Just die. Get out of our sight, disappear, exit, and leave our weak little lives." She slumped and hit the barrier one last time with one final soft comment. "Damnit..."

  + She had to give up. She was just too weak, and her voice just then seemed to convey her hopelessness. They were both just so.. dam... weak. At least in comparison to The Deity.

  + "Are you better now?" "A little." "Can I say my piece now?" "Go ahead." "Yeah no, I still had about 5 more portals to completely destroy at the time we got kidnapped." "That's unpleasant." Kai answered after turning around and sitting against the barrier. She still had an annoyed expression but it was slowly lessening. "How much longer until they can open?" "At least a few decades. And if they are able to use them by then they'll only be able to send small forces through." "Small by whose standard?" "...Ours." "I'd pray for them but I don't know who I'd pray to." She said in a harsh yet pitying tone.

  + A moment passed in silence.

  + "Home?" "Yeah. ...I'm so f-ing tired bro." She pressed her hands against her face as she spoke in a fatigued manner. Her voice almost sounding broken as she spoke. "I figured sis." Percy said in a kind tone as he wore an empathetic expression, then he walked up to her and gave her a hug. He held her as she wrapped her arms around him and squeezed. Percy squeezed back in reassurance for a while as they confirmed the other's presence.

  + After a moment Percy picked her up princess style as she hugged him firmly. "Let's go home. We can come back another time. For now let's just rest. I'd say we definitely earned it this time around." "Yeah.." Kai mumbled back quietly.

  + Percy started walking, away from the barrier, away from the World, away from the so-called completed Mission, away from the unfinished business he had with the monsters in that 'demon realm', and, away from the poor cursed child they could no longer help. Even if they tried desperately for a hundred years, they knew that they could do absolutely nothing to help except watch.

  + Whatever their story had in store for them from that point on was not something the twins could help them write.

.

.

.

.
1509 words (⁠ㆁ⁠ω⁠ㆁ⁠)