⊹₊ ⋆ 𝐑𝖾𝗏𝖾𐓣𝗀𝖾 ⱺ𝖿 𝐓ɦ𝖾 𝐒ρ𝗂ᑯ𝖾𝗋 𝐐υ𝖾𝖾𐓣 (1)┊011

Start from the beginning

You shrugged, "That just happened when you spent most of your youthful days doing chores and cooking for a wrinkly old man."

You and Mei went back to make dumplings, she patted down the meat into a mushy ball in her hand while Tang observed you two. Just like classic Tang behavior, he was slurping up his 5th bowl of noodles.

"Thank you! Great happiness and prosperity this Lunar New Year." Pigsy handed a customer a bowl at noodles and watched them walk off. He stood stiffly as he had his hands clasped behind his back. Slick sweat ran down his face and body as he had a frighteningly huge smile on his face.

"Is it just me, or does Pigsy seem more stressed than normal?" Tang whispered over to you and Mei worriedly. His face was ridden with concern.

"I thought I was the only one..." You muttered back at him.

"Isn't MK meant to be working today?" Tang asked. You and Mei's faces dropped in fear once you saw Pigsy snap his head over to Tang as soon as he mentioned MK's name.

"YES TANG, HE IS! WHERE IS THAT PUNK BECAUSE HE SURE AIN'T HERE!" Pigsy hollered in anger.

"He's training with the Monkey King." Mei chirped happily, "He said, 'New Year; new MK! I'm going to take my training to a whole new level!" She mocked as she posed like him with a mop

"Wow." Tang looked up at her.

"Now let's hope that last, most of your mortal New Year's resolutions don't last for more than a week." You mumbled.

"Give me that!" Pigsy snatched the mop out of Mei's hands and snapped it in half. "New Year, new MK? Keep going like this he's going to be newly unemployed!" Pigsy grumbled, "I meant it! if MK doesn't get here soon–" Pigsy shrieked in fear before being crushed by a pile of candy and stuffed animals.

"Good sharing and happy New Year!" Sandy greeted brightly, small flowers danced around him as he had a friendly smile plastered on his face. "Look at all these delicious little goodies, I got enough to share." You all gawked at his pile of sweet treats and goodies and awed in amazement. "So, uh, where's MK?"

You quickly covered Sandy's mouth with your hand, "Shh! Shh! I wouldn't mention him around Pigsy right now he's a bit–"

"Would you guys please screw around somewhere else!? I've got a business to run, so if you ain't gonna help then go bother some other noodle shop!" Pigsy bellowed as he poked his head out of the pile.

"Buzz kill." Mei scoffed.

🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It was midnight now, and MK still wasn't back. You got concerned after a while of him being missing, but he was with Wukong. Nothing to fear...right? You still don't fully trust him, especially after you found out he abandoned you so you could look after his staff for eternity.

The dark midnight sky was lightened up with thousands of colorful fireworks exploding in the sky, meanwhile on the ground a huge parade was going on. For common folk (aka Mortals), this was super fun and exciting! For you, not so much...

There were too many sweaty people screaming and cheering in excitement, it was busy and loud, the fireworks and people made the atmosphere hotter than ever, everyone was shoulder to shoulder next to each other, did I mention that it was busy?

This was a nightmare for you. However, you managed to slink away from the crowds with the group and found a free spot for you all to enjoy the fireworks and parade.

"Not the best spot, but it'll have to suffice." You muttered as Mei and Tang sat of Sandy's shoulders to get a better look of the parade. You stood next Sandy while Pigsy stood on the other side. You didn't exactly care for this stuff. After all, you've seen this thing countless times.