A mysterious book and an urgent call

It was a normal day in Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle was cleaning the shelves in her library treehouse. Humming softly to herself as she cleaned she enjoyed the silence and peace within the library. Occasionally she'd pull books from their shelf to clean where they were but she usually put them back, until she came across a very strange book.

The cover was a golden color and around it was a silvery border, embedded in the center were three jewels, the largest was blacker than the night, the medium sized one seemed to change colors, shades and hues, and the smallest was a grey-ish silver. The book's spine was a similar golden color to the cover and also had the silvery trim border. The back cover looked exactly the same as the front sans the three jewels. Opening the book to the first Twilight found that they were pure black.

Studying it for a bit the purple unicorn was perplexed. She'd never seen it around her library before now and was very wary of it. "Hmm, Spike have you ever seen this book before?" she called to the small baby dragon as he entered the library. Looking at the book she held in her magic Spike shook his head "Nope sorry Twilight."

"Hmmm" humming slightly to herself Twilight sighed. Hearing a knock at the door Spike turned around and opened it letting on the orange coated and blonde haired earth mare.

"Twi, I uh found this outside" Applejack said pulling out a scroll from her saddle bag and handing it to the unicorn.

Taking the scroll from Applejack with her magic Twilight read it aloud.

"Dear Twilight,
Princess Luna and I require yours and your friends assistance in the Canterlot library. Please hurry we don't have much time.
-Signed Princess Celestia"

"Oh boy! A message from the princess needing our help!" Pinkie Pie's high pitched voice chirped startling Twilight. Turning around she saw her other four friends behind her.

A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail hovered in the air looking at the scroll. Standing under her was a shy pale yellow pegasus with a light pink main and tail.

Next to her Pinkie Pie, a light pink earth mare with a curly bubblegum pink mane and tail, was bouncing in place. A white unicorn with a curled purple mane was attempting to calm her energy.

"It looks like we're going to Canterlot girls" Twilight said to her friends who cheered.

After everyone headed home to grab their saddle bags, just in case, Twilight put the book into her bag and placed it on her back. Once you everyone regrouped she lit her horn and teleported them to the Canterlot library.

Upon arrival they saw Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadence searching through the library in a slight panic.