PLAY: THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Legend of the Nippon Land says that we were born with a red thread that ties our little finger to another who is destined to end up in a relationship in this lifetime. In Buddhism, it means a divine couple who is on a search until they find each other, or in other words, a mirror that reflects oneself, of that legendary of the twin flame.

Having said that, very fragile. Why didn't they compare with rope or any that is stronger and thicker than a thread? And why did it have to be red? The young woman could only wonder. Looked at the little finger in front of her, obviously, she saw no such a thread. Sighed and dropped down. In the darkness, couldn't even see her own arm that was outstretched. 'Will there be one? Someone who was really born for me, someone who won't hurt me again.' She described. "AP/ACE, Angelo, attract hot men for me tomorrow, will you." No echoes back in the darkness.

The sound of slow music, inviting to sleep more than to wake, but magically woke her up. It was 5.30 but still pitch-black outside. She could hear birds singing, and that was it. Daily life in winter, the congested traffic hadn't changed, mainly because not every house had Doraemon's teleportation door.

Even though she always made time for herself, right at the end of the day, she fell whilst about to leave the house. The kingdom's population liked to make wars, but most of the time, they were pacified by the Capitol Police. Even so, it was a pain for the queen to have to sit and freeze herself in a narrow, square room, injecting the empty door. That was her popular reason to get to work late every day but surprisingly, her co-workers didn't take any offense. They were probably used to the greeting that usually rang out 20-40 minutes after work started, but you know what? I don't care at all. It was just a contract job, and, in a few weeks, it will be done. I don't even know if they would extend the contract.

The young woman turned on the laptop and began smearing the artwork that needed to be completed on a day-to-day basis. Before that, she just did a sketch, so she had time to wander around in other departments, but when the boss saw her unlimited source of energy, she ordered her to paint the picture in a juicy way. A good way to make yourself in trouble is when you start showing off your skills to the cat eyes. Thanks to herself for not listening to her co-workers. She accepted her fate and was physically assaulted. Yet even though she was given more work than anyone else, she never gave up. Well, she was probably used to this kind of thing by now. Did more work than anyone else, not a typical to lick someone's boots. The fate of the born a star.

Around 14.00, her work is finally done. Time to start hunting. The woman picked up a tarot deck and walked out into another room. There she met her handsome older sister. Mr Bank is a foul-mouthed to a 1000 year-aged woman, known in general, Dear. "What's wrong?" Mr. Bank's curt and harsh greeting didn't make her face tingle away at all. Instead, it made her smile wider than before, as if teasing this chubby man with rabbit teeth. "What are you doing now?" Her eyes could see clearly that Bank was concentrating on calculating some multiplication tables. He didn't answer, and knowing that she didn't care much because so called, she was getting used to it.

This time, the target was a young man around her age whom had a small, whispery voice. "Is there a lot of work?" "Not a lot, Lia?" The smiling face of a young Chinese-like man didn't match his soft voice at all. She nodded before getting up and sitting next to the bear-shaped young man. "Adam!!!!" Her voice tone had shifted more softly. "Yes." He greeted back knowingly. "Lia~~~" She turned around. The black-haired older sister sat across from her. Her voice was very unique. "Dear." She answered. Dear beckoned her to come close to her. "Did you bring the cards?" She whispered softly. Let's say that everyone here knows that this room has a fierce liona. Lia nodded.

After work that day, they gathered together to play Ouija.....kidding. Lia spread the cloth on the long table, and placed a pile of lengthy cards in front of Dear. Bank and a soft-body Muslim woman were sitting around her. "Please shuffle the cards, Dear." And we began the sacred ritual without even having to summon the angels. When the first queue ended, it was followed by Bank, the last person of today's ritual since the other person was religious so she couldn't have her fate read.

Lia looked at the time on her phone. Was it almost 18.00 already? Spent almost half an hour each reading fortunes for them. She pondered as she called Grab to a famous department store. Usually after 17.00, she would disappear quickly due to Thai society is full of competition, especially, when you have to squeeze your whole body into a cramped coach. Thus, the sooner you get to the station, the more opportunities there are to get on the train and not have to squeeze with other people for no reason, but when the plan went wrong like this, she then took the opportunity to escape and travel.

The elevator went up to the 4th floor. Outside was an open, cream-coloured walkway, and a poster of a famous goddess for love. Lia walked along the path, and passed by people wearing pink or brightly coloured clothes and holding a silver or sometimes a gold tray filled with pink fruits. She saw a statue of a god. Then, raised her hands in greeting and walked past until arriving at the front of the statue made of gold, the statue of Goddess Lakshmi.

Instead of carrying a tray, in her hand, a glowing phone. It is said that Goddess Lakshmi has the power to summon one's soul mate. You can make a list of the man/woman you want, including their appearance, hair colour, wealth, and age, just like ordering KFC. Advanced beyond that, some people even take photos of an ideal person and show them to the goddess, believing that the goddess would attract the person or a similar one into the wisher's life. Lia wanted to do such an activity too but felt embarrassed. If anyone ever sees the man's face, they'll probably laugh or look down like a dog barking at the moon. What? I am also beautiful as the moon too, eh....

Argued with herself until came to a conclusion. The young woman showed a photo to the goddess. If anyone is eagle-eyed, they will see a money transfer receipt. The money was donated to a charity. Well, that was how an egoist would do. 'Mother, I have already made merit for you. Now, hear my prayer. Please give me true love as soon as possible. And if that man is not mine, please, erase him from my mind. Don't let me cling to him like this. I'm suffering a lot.' She telepathized to the statue. It is believed that if anyone looks at the face of the goddess and feels like her divine eyes are looking at you. That means the request will come true. That time, before the sun was gone from the sky, those stony eyes suddenly shifted and collided with hers.

Memories came back. The fifth month of last year, no, in the year of 2022. Entering the third year of a relationship with that man. That year was the first time she stood before the goddess and described her forbidden story. Will it hurt? Will I be very sad? If asked how did she feel that night? It was like being injected with a syringe, penetrating through the skin and sucking out all the bad blood. She still remembered the events of that day well. Everything happened so quickly and then realised again as she was standing before the goddess, and. "I want true love, Mother."

She is the beginning and the end of every beginning. She is the one who gives, and the one who takes. Be careful what you ask for.... True love is not something that is as you dream, as the saying goes, where there is love, there is suffering. When you were born like this, and you desire with all your heart pure love, then, accept it. Accept the love that you have pondered and be known that this is your true love.