Chapter 39 Giana and Evan

Start from the beginning

He stares at me for a few seconds, but nods, making me sigh in relief. As he steps towards the kids, I stare at my babies with the excitement of holding them for the first time.

He carefully picks up the little one wrapped in the pink blanket. "Hey, princess, stop crying. Mumma is just giving you the milk." As he comforts her, my eyes moisten, witnessing them together. I never thought that my children would experience their father's love.

As he hands over the baby girl to me and I cradle her in my arms with excitement, a wave of overwhelming joy washes over me. This marks the first time I'm holding a baby, and the sensation is beyond words. I had yearned for this moment.

Leaning in, I press a gentle kiss to her forehead, tears of joy trickling down my cheeks. Holding this little miracle, I feel incredibly blessed.

"Hey, I'm your mom, little one, and I love you so much." I sit down, holding her close to my chest, talking to her in a cheerful voice. She's so small, so delicate, and so beautiful. I can admire her for hours.

Oh, her eyes are such a beautiful shade of blue, just like Steve's father's! It really adds to her overall beauty. It's mesmerising.

As she continues to cry, I open the button of my hospital gown to feed her.

A peaceful smile spreads across my face as I breastfeed my little baby girl. It's an intimate moment, a connection that I've longed for since the first moment I knew they were growing inside me.

However, as my little angel contently feeds, the soft cries of my other little one fill the room.

"Are you hungry as well, little one? But Mumma is busy with your sister. You have to wait." Steve tries to soothe him, cradling him in his arms and rocking him gently, but his cries only grow louder.

"Steve, let me hold him. I can feed them together." As I suggest, his eyes glint with surprise.

He enquires in a shocked tone. "How can you handle both of them at once, Grace? It seems difficult."

A gentle smile plays on my lips as I assure him, "I've taken classes on handling twins, Steve. Trust me, I can do this."

As he passes me the crying baby boy, I notice that his eyes have the same warm brown colour as Steve's and mine.

With a smile on my face, I position him carefully, conversing with him. "Hey, my little prince. Welcome to the world. You're so precious, you know."

He latches on, and the room gradually fills with the peaceful sounds of content feeding. As I hold both of my precious babies close, the feeling of completeness washes over me and a contented smile spreads across my face. I feel an incredible bond forming between us.

"You really took classes for this?" Steve asks in amazement, breaking the silence.

I nod, smiling. "I wanted to be prepared for everything. It's not as hard as it looks." He just keeps staring at me in disbelief.

I know he must be completely blown away by seeing me like this. But little does he know, this is just the beginning. I'm no longer the same Grace he knew eight months ago. I've grown and changed beyond his imagination.

***

Steve's P.O.V.

After Grace finishes feeding the twins, I gently place them in their cribs. I kiss their forehead before standing up. Grace's eyes hold a glimmer of remorse as they meet mine, but it's hard for me to decipher whether it's genuine or merely a façade.

Can people really change? Has she changed?

It's hard for me to trust her now.

I thought that when I met her, I would confess how much I love her. However, upon discovering that all these months, she was hiding her pregnancy, wanting to keep my babies away from me, I became enraged.