10) Slammed Shut

The car pulled in, and drove down a long driveway, the massive mansion slowly getting closer and closer.

Until we drove around the curcular patch of grass, which was surrounded by little bushes, and stopped the car, right in-front of the massive entrance way to the house.

"Well, if you keep your mouth open like that, a bugs gonna fly inside," Roland laughed out, while stepping out of the car, and walking around to open the door for his wife.

"Ah, sorry," I said sheepishly, blushing at the thought of being caught while gawking at their home.

I put my hand on the car door handle, opening the door slightly, before it was slammed shut.

And was quickly reopened by a grinning Mackenzie, I just looked at him in shock.

"What was that for!" I asked, well more like yelled, as he took my hand and led me out of the car, shutting the door behind me.

"A Lady, is not supposed to open her own door," he said, elongating the word lady.

"And me, being the kind, gentlemen that I am, opened the door for my lovely girlfriend," he said in a funny accent.

The way he said that made me laugh, him joining me in my laughter after seeing me laugh at his funny voice.

Wiping a tear from my eye, "What are we going to do now," I asked Mackenzie, while walking up the few steps of stairs leading to the front door of the house.

"Well, you my dear, are going to hang out with my mother and my sister, while I have a nice chat with a few important people." He  replied.

"But.."
"No buts, I have to talk with my father, and while I do that, you and my mother can do whatever." He said cutting me off.

"Fineeee," I groaned, while walking inside the house like I owned it.

"Wheres your mom," I huffed out, annoyed that he was gonna be leaving me alone, with his family...

"Knowing her...shes probably in the kitchen," he said, laughing a little.

"And wheres your kitchen?" I said, annoyed, and sarcastically.

But he only pointed in a direction and walked up the stairs of the foyer in the main entrance of the house.

Disappearing into the second story of the massive house.

Deciding to just follow the direction in which he pointed to, I was lead to the kitchen.

It was even bigger, and probably more expensive, than I thought it would be...

Inside the kitchen, was his mother, Aileen. She was leaning against the counter, watching something bake inside of the double sets of ovens.

"Hi there, watcha making," I asked her, my mood instantly lifting.

"Oh, I didn't see you there dear," she said shocked by my sudden presence.

"Im just making some apple turnovers, they're my daughter's favorite," she said, now smiling, after recovering from her shock.

"Andddd, they're done," she said, taking them out of the oven, and placing them on a cooling rack on top of the counter behind her.

"How'd you make them so fast?" I asked curiously, as we had gotten to the house only ten minutes ago.

"Well, I had asked my daughter to put them in the oven a few minutes before we got here, and now shes getting ready." She sighed, slightly out of breath from talking so much.

"Getting ready for what?" I asked as I walked around the counter to stand a few feet away from her.

"To go shopping, silly!" Aileen said, with clear excitement evident in her tone. While I on the other hand, just groaned.

Not shopping......