💔 - Late Night Confessions (Renkyotto)

The cold wind blew throughout the city as the moon shined down on the earth, illuminating the somewhat quiet streets. Ren always seemed to find himself outside when he wanted to get some fresh air or go out with friends, but he never saw himself having to walk down this street this late at night. He didn't know what time it was and he didn't care, either. He didn't even bother checking the time before he left out to walk. The only sound he could hear was the sound of his shoes hitting the floor with each step he took and the sound of the cars that passed by from time to time. Ren found himself feeling lonelier than usual, and it felt like there was a void in his heart that he knew could never be filled. After taking a turn and walking down a small path, his steps slowly came to a stop as he looked down, pausing for a moment as he took a deep breath. He hadn't even done anything and he already was on the verge of tears.

"Kyo.." He whispered as he looked down at the tombstone that stood infront of him, his best friend's name carved into the stone.
The moon illuminated it to where even in the dark Ren could read out his friends name a million times if he wanted to. Tears started to fall from his eyes, dropping onto the grass below him, becoming one with the earth as it sunk right into the soil. Ren sighed softly, trying to calm himself down a bit before speaking again.

"You promised me you would come back...but I didn't know you would come back dead.." Ren whispered, not caring about the tears running down his face anymore. He missed Kyo, and everyone knew that. It had been a month since Kyo died, but every moment Ren spent without Kyo felt like an eternity. He felt as if he was slowly breaking without the cheerful guy in his life. He took another deep breath.

"Everyone misses you, man...So do I. We had so many plans together. I wanted to do everything with you." Ren mumbled, his voice becoming shaky as he spoke. He wanted to do so much with Kyo. He wanted to say so much to Kyo. But since he missed his chance to tell him while he was alive, and so he decided to get it off his chest while he was there.

"I...I love you, Kyo. I've loved you for a while now...I just never had the courage to tell you. You always made me feel so happy and fuzzy inside, and at first I didn't understand and thought it was normal, but I realized it was more than just some normal feeling you get from friends. I was in denial for a bit, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I was scared of how you would react and I was scared of rejection. But now...I wish I told you. Maybe I wouldn't be here if I did. Maybe if I told you how I feel, you would have stayed." Ren said, his voice shaky as he rambled on, pouring out a portion of his heart to someone who wasn't even alive. For a moment, he felt like an idiot, but then again, there was always a chance Kyo was watching him from above. He had hope.

Ren looked up at the moon. It was a full moon tonight and it looked beautiful. Just as Ren saw Kyo. Ren smiled softly, the moon reminding him of his friend. Ren cleared his throat before speaking in a soft tone.

"This isnt fair...I miss you, Kyo. do you think we're soulmates in another universe..?"

———————————————————————
630 word count

First oneshot done!! Sorry for starting off with angst🥰 I'll try and update whenever I can!! I hope you enjoyed this angst hehe😎