Chapter 40: Why don't You Like Me

Start from the beginning

Originally, Lin Qiao should have closed his eyes and slept as usual, but when he thought that Sister Shi Yu would come today and make an engagement with that scheming man Lin An, he was so angry that he would crawl out even if he died in the coffin!

Soon, the time came.

Two people came outside the Lin family courtyard. They were carrying pig meat, chicken eggs and other food in their hands, and there were even two big live chickens, a male and a female.

Mr. Lin Chen, who had been waiting outside early, saw Shi Yu coming and bringing so many gifts, and his lips were almost crooked with a smile.

You must know that the more attention the wife's family pays to the man, the more gifts they will give. If she gives so many things, doesn't it mean that she is very satisfied with An'er?

"Come just come, why do you bring so many gifts?" Mr. Lin Chen said, but his hands were not reluctant when receiving the gifts.

Look, how fat these two chickens are. The gift box should contain gift cakes, wine, Sijing fruit, Sichuan candies, and tea. You must know that even when he got married, he only got one live chicken. A pot of wine and half a tael of silver as a betrothal gift, where are the Sijing fruits and tea leaves?

Lin Qingyu, who was standing outside the door, nodded lightly: "Here she comes."

"En, big aunt, is mother-in-law at home?" After Shi Yu handed the stuff to Lin Chen, she asked the person in charge of the marriage negotiations.

Shi Yu didn't expect that this day would come so quickly.

Within a few months of her arrival in a Matriarchal Country, she not only had a son, but now she also had a young husband. Her life was heading like a rocket.

While the two were talking, Lin Huizhi, who was returning from working in the fields, handed her hat to Lin Chen. She looked at the closed door and frowned: "Qiao'er still can't get up?"

"It's not like you don't know that yuegui gets tight every time you get up. You'll have to grab some milk for him to eat later." Mr. Lin Chen, who had boiled a pot of tea to entertain the guests, thought of Lin Qiao who was unable to get out, felt inexplicably relieved.

After all, Lin Qiao's appearance was much better than An'er's, and he was used to getting into trouble. He was really afraid that Lin Qiao would be so angry that he would resort to some tricks when he knows that An'er get married into the town.

"Do it as soon as possible, otherwise procrastination is not an option." Lin Huizhi took the tea and downed a bigko, thinking of her late husband who died young, with a touch of sadness on her face.

Lin Qiao is a premature baby. On the surface, he looks similar to a full-term baby, but his foundation is weaker after all, which is why his family loves him so much that he doesn't even have to work.

After Lin Huizhi drank a bowl of tea, she remembered that there were two people in the courtyard and said, "Have you had breakfast? If not, you can use it here. Although it is a simple meal, it is enough."

"I had already eaten when I came here. I came here today mainly because I wanted to discuss the engagement with my mother-in-law." Shi Yu did not forget about business and followed Lin Huizhi into the main hall where guests were entertained.

After the matchmaker entered the house, he kept saying nice things, almost praising Shi Yu as a flower, and even her previous bad habits were beautified into saying that you can't change your life for money, and your age will hurt people.

Just when the matchmaker was so boastful that his mouth was dry, the two families got down to business.

Shi Yu took out five taels of silver wrapped in red paper: "This is the betrothal gift."