Body Language

The girls ran, terrified, down the nearest flight of stairs. They didn't know or care where they were running, they just sprinted as far as they could possibly get from PSHE's classroom.

For a while, they were sure that the teacher was hot on their trail. However, when they were out of breath, and one of them dared to check behind them, they saw that they had been running from nothing.

They walked down the hall for a while, until they noticed PE eating his lunch. Thank logic, that was because it was lunchtime.

PE would be the easiest to tell; Business, the headmistress, either wouldn't believe it or wouldn't pay attention to them, another teacher would probably think they were insane, and they couldn't tell the counsellor, because guess who the counsellor was? PE was the most lenient of all teachers, even if his degrading body language could be insufferable.

PE turned as he noticed them running. When the girls approached him, he chose to look down at them when he spoke, despite the fact that he could have easily looked straight on as he talked to them. The girls were used to this, as it was a common occurrence, and they didn't take it personally, because he did it to any other students, as well as any teachers who were slightly shorter than him.

"How can I-" the teacher began, as he was bombarded with three overlapping recounts.

"MRS. PSHE IS INSANE! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HOW SHE LOOKED AT US!"

"Y'know that board that you stick pins on?"

"This dent-brain thought it was a poltergeist."

"Okay, okay, one at a time! Amy, what happened?"

The third student, Amy, explained everything that happened; the eerie noises, the strange pinboard, and the terrifying glare PSHE has given them when she realised they were snooping on her.

"I'm afraid I find that a bit hard to believe, girls." PE remarked, but there was a strange hesitance in his voice.

"But it's true!" came the cacophony of protests from the trio.

"You can look in there yourself!" the first girl argued, "It will-"

"If you'll excuse me, I'm pretty busy right now." PE yelled over the arguments, leaving his lunch on the table he was sitting at and abruptly rushing down the hall.

The three ran after him, just as a hidden bystander left her hiding spot.