Christmas Party~

Začít od začátku

Vox looped the last knot in his bowtie as he looked in the mirror. His suit was perfect, hugging his waist and flaring slightly at the hips to allow for drama. It was a muted dark teal striped with a loud, electric cyan and dotted with coils of electricity along the hem and wrists. The lapels were a matching cyan with buttons that were quite literally electric to the touch. They were designed so that he could fuse a small amount of his power to make them shine and were the perfect touch. His pants were a dark blue that matched the murky striped part of the blazer.

His shoes shined to perfection and his deadly sharp teeth gleamed in the lamplight. Vox attached a small electric chain in between the two highest buttons on his jacket and did a spin. His hat had been given a slight glow up and shined with the rest of his outfit. He smiled and strolled out to the living room to wait for his husband.

Vox flopped down gently onto the couch, careful to avoid rumpling his outfit. Checking the time, he began to tap his foot. It was ten, they had to leave soon and Val always made them late.

Suddenly, to his right, someone cleared their throat. Vox's head pivoted and his mouth dropped.

Valentino stood several feet away, holding one arm in his hand. He looked...stunning...

Vox couldn't think straight. He let his eyes wander up Val's body, taking in every little detail. Starting from the bottom the moth had on shiny, black stilettos with a strap around his ankles. They gave way for Val's long, elegant legs, which showed through a slat that ran almost all the way up the dress he was wearing. The dress was matte black that faded into the most desirable red at the top. It had small dots of fading black where the colors changed around the moth's perfect waist. 

The slit was designed from fabric pulled up from the rest of the dress and was pinned at Valentino's waist with a gorgeous gold pin. The fabric fell in waterfall-like layers down the overlord's legs, giving a loose feel to the fabric while the rest hugged Val's curves tightly.

Vox's eyes moved up the dress and past the waist, which was decorated with delicate, gold moths, and up to the bodice. It clutched at Valentino's elegant figure and pushed up the chest fluff he had, which was similar to Angel's. The red deepened to a plum version of itself at the neckline, which dipped down like a dance move. 

The dress was strapless and complimented the overlord's neck, which was adorned with a gold chain. A pendant dangled from the end of it, a moth with a loop of electricity through the center which was a blood ruby, and shone in the light.  From the beginning of his collarbone rose that beautiful fluff, combed back and spreading across his broad shoulders.

Valentino's wings were loose down his back. As he turned, Vox saw a fabric strap holding the top of the wings down, making them fall in a makeshift sweep. The fluff at the ends grazed the floor delicately and gave Val a regal look.

"Oh my God..." Vox's mouth was dry, his body frozen as he stared.

"Do...Do you not like it?" Valentino's voice poked through Vox's mental cloud.

The large moth's antennae quivered and his face fell in disappointment. 

"Oh. Oh. No, no, no I- I love it, Flutterby. It's just, you're...you're breathtaking..." Vox struggled to get the words out, his breath suddenly gone.

"Are you sure? I don't want to embarrass you, I can go change if you want. I'll explain it to Vel..." Valentino looked away as he spoke. 

"Aw, God no, Val. Come here. You look gorgeous. I'm so lucky." Vox chuckled ruefully as he moved toward his husband. 

Val looked at him before meeting him halfway, his heels clacking on the tile floor. The large gilt mirror in their living room reflected them as they moved. Val's eyes darted to their reflection briefly, smiling at how much like a movie they looked.