"home invaded ?" the man questions.

 "my rooster was killed. look , man , my dad wanted me to talk to you , okay ? if there's anything you could think of that would help us , please , just tell us , okay ? look , man, please !" i see the desperation in john b's eyes. all he wants is to know what happened to his father.

"john b .." i plead.

"if you know anything , just - just .. please." john b begs.

the man shakes his head , and lifts up his radio. "wanda , i got a few kids on drugs up here at the lighthouse. call the police."

"what ?" i shout out.

john b tries to stop the man , accidently striking him. "shit !"

kie's eyes widen. "what are you doing ?"

john b stutters nervously. "it - it was an accident. i promise , shit , i didn't mean to. i'm sorry."

kie elbows john b. "john b , we have to go."

"like , now." i add.

the man groans. he swipes blood off himself , and looks down in horror. he lifts up the radio once again , and the radio beeps. "wanda , i'm bleedin'. i've been assaulted !"

a woman on the radio replies , presumably wanda. "police en route."

we hear a siren approaching , and all i know is that we have to get out of this goddamn lighthouse , as soon as fucking possible.

--

i'm meeting kie at the wreck. she texted me earlier saying she needs to talk. it was slightly ominous - either she's pregnant , or she's killed someone. there is no in-between. i arrive at the wreck , and i see kiara sat in a booth , drinking a strawberry milkshake. she's nervously chewing at the straw. i approach the booth and sit down.

 "kiara , are you okay ? you're treating that straw like it's a chew toy." i'm genuinely worried that something awful could've happened.

"yeah , i'm okay - but something happened earlier today. you have to promise not to tell a soul , even though it'll probably manage to get out somehow." she lets go of the straw.

i hold out my pinkie finger , to secure a pinkie promise. "i swear i won't tell anyone."

"john b kissed me." kie confesses.

i gasp. "what ? when ?"

she sighs. "after we escaped the lighthouse. you know how we went different ways ?"

i snort. "right , so i was running for my life , and you were making out with a hot guy. how is that fair ?"

she smiles sadly. "it's not funny. i didn't realise i was sending him the wrong signals - i thought i was just being a good friend. i'm just worried about him. everything with his dad , and now dcs on his case .. i just don't know what to do."

i tilt my head , confused. "if i'm completely honest , you must've been sending the wrong signals to everyone - because i thought you liked him too."

"i don't know what to think. my parents are set on making me steer clear of him , since the arrest and all. i want to keep my friendship with him."

"i understand that. the same thing happened to me back in philly." i sigh.

"well , what did you do about it ?" she asks.

i laugh. "i'm not the best person to ask. i fell madly in love with him."

she leans forward. "why have you never told me about this ? what happened ?"