Chapter 126: Flying Lessons

Comincia dall'inizio

[CRITICAL!]

To my shock, the sickle cuts through its neck. I can't see it clearly due to the settings Wind added after we logged in after the expansion release, but I'm shocked to see my [Wind Sickle] managed to cut its head off, unlike the other few times I've used it. Honestly, I'm glad he kept it in because I don't want to see a headless wolf with blood especially when it's not described in text like in some novels in the Seraph series.

[GRAAAAAWR!!!]

Right, the other wolf. I should take care of it before it breaks through the shield.

"Spirits that dwell the earth, heed my call! Lend me your power to manipulate the stones around me! [Stone Barrage]!"

I throw the stones from my spell at the remaining [Dire Wolf] just as it could break the [Mana Shield]. Unlike my [Wind Sickle], it's not enough to kill it immediately. But that's not the only trick I can do!

"Energy waving around the elements around me. Gather to me and create the force against my enemies! [Mana Blast]!"

I fire the spell at the wolf and quickly step back as I wait for the cooldown between spells to end. It only takes five seconds before I can cast another spell other than [Mana Blast], so this gives me enough time to assume my position and the chance for the wolf to charge right straight to me.

"Mana that aids me, create a blade that is sharp enough to defeat my enemies!" I raise my staff and let an energy blade emerge from the tip of it. "[Arcana Blade]!"

With the blade now resembling a bit of a spear, I thrust the energy blade from my staff and stabbed its chest once it got closer. I haven't seen the critical hit notification again, but I see the wolf flailing around until it howled and went limp as soon as its [HP] went down to 0.

[You have defeated the [Dire Wolves].]

I quickly collapse once that window is up. The battle was short, but I almost panicked when I saw those wolves appear out of nowhere. I turn around and see the dragon almost finished with the meat. At least he's safe for now. Still, will more monsters appear just like those wolves? And how long until Bai Hu gets back from his negotiations? I'm okay with the sudden encounters for extra items and [Lapi]. But it's not like my [Masteries] will level up just by battling them and it would be boring if I keep using [Wind], [Arcana], and [Earth] if I want to avoid another forest fire.

Hang on a second... [Wind] spells...

If I recall, we're not limited to casting spells in battle. That's what some of the forum posts said, right? So maybe I don't have to rely on old-fashioned methods to teach him to fly. If I do this right, then this is a chance for him to fly with his dragon friends!

"Hey!" I call out to the dragon. "I want to do something different. Can you wait for a while until I prepare some stuff?"

[Rawr?]

"Trust me. You will start getting the basics in no time."

First off, I need to set up the field. There's no way I can protect this place during the dragon's training, but I may be able to drive off some low-level monsters with the right combination of spells. I raise my staff and take a deep breath.

"Spirit of Sylph, hear our call. Trap our enemies into the gale of storms and imbue our weaponry with your blessings! [Tempest Blow]!"

I throw a large tornado around us. It's not enough to fly us away so easily, but in this situation, this is perfect for the dragon. He looks confused with his head tilt, but it will make sense to him soon.