Chapter 01

- They will have a HEA
- English is just a second language for me, so forgive me for any mistakes.
----
This is my new life.

Filled with dread and desperation. Filled with a sense of total and absolut betrayal. The injustice of the situation...

I was in pain. Filled with so much pain. Surrounded by so much dread.

I won't stand it. I will not survive...

I am hurt.

Hurt. Humiliated.

In despair. It is final.

They tried... They tried to take everything from me.

And now... Now... This is my new life. What a way to live.

Or maybe, to die...?

But, why? Why?!

I don't deserve this. I didn't do anything wrong. They know I didn't. They know! His mother knows I didn't

But in the end... It doesn't matter. Because... It is final. I have the papers. He divorced me. He divorced...Me! ME!

It's final. I should accept. The lawyers said it. You should accept, Mrs. Sullivan. It's final. There is nothing you can do

So it seems.

Looking at the ceiling of my hotel room, the most cheap and horrible hotel room I have ever seen, I feel tears slipping through my eyes, flowing to the pillow in the bed I am laying.

This new life is a world of pain. This new life is like a sword carved in my chest. It's bleeding. I can feel it. It's bleeding. And he let this happen. Nicholas let this happen.

She planned this. Nicholas! Your mother planned this. She is evil.

"Don't be absurd, Rebecca." He would say. "Of course she is not. She is my mother." He would have concluded the conversation. His mother. She planned this. And he belived the lie.

"Nicholas, she doesn't like me." I warned him, so many times. So many times. But he would answer:

"Of course she does, sweetheart. Of course she does." Blind fool. Stupid. He believed everything she said. He let his mother... He let her.... Turn me into this. She made a spetacle of myself. And he let her.

Nicholas, you let her do this.

I am now the proud owner of a divorce certificate. And what should I do? People though was the one who brought this upon myself. It's not true. It's not true!

She, the mother, planned everything. Somehow, a man was brought to my bedroom one afternoon and he laid down next to me, while pictures were purposely taken. The pictures looked bad. I remember feeling real dizzy that day and decided to go to bed for a nap, after lunch. When I woke up, everything seemed fine. Nothing out of place. I didn't think to much about that day.

I should have. I should have noticed. But I didn't. Now, this is my predicament.

Everything I have is packed in two bags and the last piece of my nightmare (the final straw) is in my right hand. The papers I was forced to sign. Divorced.

I hate it. I hate you, Nicholas.

You dont know how much I do.

Five months ago my life was robbed from me. I was married with Nicholas for a year already. It was a blissful marriage, full of love and passion. But, at the same time, it was also difficult. His mother was mean and Nicholas couldn't see it. He refused to see it.