Chapter One

You walked down the corridor of your school, Hogwarts. You have spent almost your entire life here, now moved to the advanced wizarding classes.
You looked at the stone engravings of the walls as students fluttered past. As you were taking new classes, you had to find new areas of the castle you had not been to. One of the beginning classes was Potions, a class that had been moved to the higher levels of the school. As you noticed less students wandering the halls, it felt as though you had taken a wrong turn somewhere. You saw paintings on the walls of individuals unrecognizable to a Hufflepuff. You did, however, recognize the two Slytherin students making their way towards you. They looked at you with humor, the kind that made you feel like you were being left out of an inside joke.

"If it isn't little miss Hufflepuff!" Crabbe sneered as he contorted his face resembling a rotten dog who spotted a strange man in its yard.

"Mhm.." You stated quietly, hoping to not provoke them. "I'm just looking to get to potions. My schedule changed." you said, shifting your weight between your feet. The only power you could muster to speak came from the fact that your friends were waiting for you.

"Oh, is that right?" Goyle spoke out, directed towards Crabbe. "Well. I don't think they'd miss you too much now would they?" He continued. As they moved closer you felt your hands touch the cold stone behind you, realizing you were cornered. Goyle picked up a piece of your hair with his wand, mockingly. "What should we do with he-" Goyle was cut off by his wand being knocked out of his hand.

Crabbe hit the ground with a crash, out cold. You wondered what just happened, followed by the sounds of Goyle's footsteps down the corridor. As you looked around you noticed your friend Harry suddenly appearing from what seemed like a blanket of air.

"I'm so glad it was you," You exclaim stepping closer to your friend. "I don't know what was about to happen." you sighed.

"I saw you on the Marauder's Map. We were waiting for you to walk to class, and I saw you nearing the Slytherin common area. I wasn't too concerned until I saw who you were with." He smiled. You forgot about the map, as it was a huge secret between Harry and his friends. You had accidentally caught him using it in fourth year, so it was like a special secret between the two of you. Besides, you were grateful that at this moment you had not told anyone.

"It's been years, I forgot about that old thing." You said walking towards Harry, "Let's get to potions."

You walk into class together, realizing there was only one seat left. "Ah, Miss Arabella Rittany!" Slughorn said, letting the entire class know you had entered. Though, you would have much rather slipped in quietly. "Class begins at 3:00, not 3:14. And for you, Potter..." he says. "Let's begin. Miss Rittany, please take the remaining seat next to Mr. Malfoy."

You turn around, greeted by the blonde boy you had spent your entire adolescence avoiding. He rolled his eyes, not wanting to affiliate with someone so close to his most hated classmate, Potter. You sink into your chair as your friends Harry, Ron, and Hermione give you empathetic looks.

You took notes attentively, your quill racing against the page as class neared its end. Out of the corner of your eye you saw draco writing his notes slowly, taking in the information. He was always calm and collected, very different from yourself. As you resituated yourself in your seat, you quill fell and a spot of ink stained the floor below. "clutz." Draco whispered as he picked up your quill and placed it next to your paper. "Thank you.." you whispered back. He silently nodded choosing to return to his notes then converse any further.

"Oh, and one last thing, class." Slughorn began, "you will be paired with your tablemate to present the class the potion of your choosing. Begin by choosing and studying a potion, and I will then give you the supplies here, later on. You will then contruct and test the potion for the room. Now, class dismissed".

Draco looked at you, stating, "I'll be choosing the potion we create. I don't want some Hufflepuff affecting my perfect scores. I have one more class, but you can meet me in the library at 9:00. We can get started." He huffed. You simply nod, not wanting to start trouble. Even though there were potions you wanted to make, Draco was more domineering. You figured you would be able to practice more eventually. You sigh as you pack up your belongings. You hear a stern voice near your ear, "Don't be late." That sent shivers down your back. Having him so close to you was an unfamiliar feeling, but you felt a tinge of longing in your chest as he pulled away.

Draco slickly exits the classroom as you take a deep breath. Something about him made you nervous. But not the normal kind of nervousness that makes you want to crawl into a ball under the desk. This was a type of nervousness you had never encountered before. One that made your chest heavy, and your head spin.

You packed up your belongings, attempting to exit class without catching your friends attention. You did not want to hear how you were paired with him.

The library, at 9:00 you ponder. Why him?

-----

Hi!! This story is just to help with my writing skills, ive been on a Draco kick so i figured why not LOL. if anyone reads this i imagine them at the college level, but at hogwarts? if that makes sense.