Chapter Two- Been Given

"Jiwoo! Can we sit together during lunch?" Gaeul whispered. The teacher's voice was loud so I doubted she could hear us conversing.

"Okay," I quietly answered back.

-

"Shoot– I forgot my napkin." I cursed, not wanting to get back up. My legs hurt from P.E, even though I was here on an athletic scholarship, that was no reason for the coach to push me.

"Here I'll get it, I forgot to get something too." Gaeul offered as she stood up with her tray. I gave her a thankful smile but that smile turned to horror when her body was pushed against someone.

My soul left my body seeing who it was.

Minho.

The soup splashed onto the leather jacket he was wearing and the rice fell on his shoes. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry Minho! I–" I watched Gaeul's apology turn into sobs, tears ran down her cheek. Her nose and parts under her eyes started turning pink.

"Is this how you learned to approach a guy?" The boy scoffed. Kids started forming a large circle around us, waiting in suspense to see what would happen.

"I promise you I didn't mean it. I'll have your shoes and jacket cleaned and even buy you a new pair, please Minho, I'm sorry." The girl's voice cracked, and my heart felt heavy seeing her shake.

"Buy me a new pair?" The boy asked, "These shoes and jacket were custom made to fit me, they were tailored in Paris, so I'm wondering how you can get me the exact copies."

"I'll do anything you want, please forgive me just this once."

"Anything? What does anything mean?" The boy asked, his eyes hiding evil.

"Give her a pass Minho, she's cute." A guy from behind commented. His fox-like eyes were the noticeable feature, and the fact that he was taller than half of the group. How are you supposed to feel when your friend is being treated like shit?

My hands slammed against the table, students that were gossiping went quiet. "She said she's sorry, what else do you need? Can't you just forgive her? She didn't mean to bump into you." You're an idiot Jiwoo, an absolute fucking idiot.

My head hung down, I only looked at him for a few seconds and when I did I could see what I got myself into.

"You have the guts to order me around?" The boy asked, his stare piercing through me like a long, sharp blade.

"I'm not-" My head turned up, our eyes making contact.

A smile slithered onto his face. "Alright, okay." He paused, my head grew dizzy with every passing moment. "I'll spare your friend, just as you ordered me to."

"You got it wrong–" Minho walked past me, ignoring what I was about to say. He stood next to Gaeul.

"You're lucky to have such a good friend." His voice was low, menacing.

Footsteps echoed away, as Minho's friends followed. My head looked down, my body felt cold and numb. I was terrified, and from what I had seen, nothing made it better. Nothing.

-

These years, I hadn't said anything. Everything I saw, I ignored, even people would ask me to help them as they would be hunted down. But I didn't do anything. Everyday a student would receive a red card, I'd tell myself to stay quiet until graduation.

Nevertheless, in the end, the problem has made its way to me.

My hand trembled as it made its way to my locker. There was a circle of people crowding around me. I slowly opened the small door and my eyes were met with red.