their confessions

Pov Alexia: 

"Morning." 

Mum walks past me into the kitchen, only to later walk back with a confused look on her face. "Why is the fridge empty?" I shrug not bothering to look at her. "I threw everything out, you don't need it."

"You did what?! You don't live here for god knows how long and you just show up acting as if you own the place?!" 

"Maybe it's time you start to sober up a bit, you're ruining your own life." I get up from the couch and push her into the kitchen with me. "Let me make this clear, i'm not here to watch you kill yourself... I'm here because I need answers." 

"You can go loo-"

"So you're gonna sit down and talk!" I raise my voice being absolutely done with her. I tried nice, but she's just too stubborn to listen. She sits down and I go sit opposite of her. "I wanna know where I came from, I want to know about my family."

"There's nothing to tell."

"So why'd you leave? Why did you run away?"

"Because of you, is that what you want to hear? You, the magical baby who was never supposed to be born in the first place." I scoff. "So because you were selfish you kept me from knowing anything about my legacy."

"You should be grateful that I took you away from that place, they were only going to use you for your magic." She said calmly. Something inside of her seemed to have changed, her eyes didn't look so full of anger all of a sudden. 

"Who's my dad?"

"Malachai Parker."

The name sounds familiar but I can't think of any place I could have heard it. Growing up i've always imagined what he'd be like, but deep down I know no imagination will ever make him real. 

"Why'd he leave us?"

"He didn't leave, he was taken away from us. Honey if you're looking for your dad I have to warn you, it's not pretty." She got up from her chair and looked at me smiling. I can't help but return the smile. It's been a long time since i've seen her smile. "Wait here, I think I got some things you might find interesting."

I could hear her go upstairs and move around some things. Her leaving gave me some time to think and that's when it hit me. I wasn't really looking for him, I just wanted to know more about where i'm from to get some closure. My intention was never to meet my dad, but now that I know it was never his intention to leave, it makes me curious. 

It took her a few minutes to get back down with a book. I look confused at her as she lays the book down, taking something out of it. "That's your dad." She shows me a picture of him and he looks nothing like I had expected.