𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢, a 14 step plan

Начните с самого начала

He would have to do something.

With the resolution weighing on his chest, Oscar walked back through the hallway, rejoining his friends in the living room. He dropped onto the couch next to Logan, letting out an annoyed groan.

"You alright?" Logan asked, patting Oscar comfortingly on the shoulder. He knew all about Oscar's crush on Stella, so did Addie, and pretty much everybody else. The only person who didn't know was, well, Stella.

"I can't do this anymore, man." Oscar said, leaning his head back and staring at the ceiling.

"Do what?" Addie asked, scratching Odie's belly.

"This!" Oscar gestured towards Stella's bedroom. "I– I think I just need to tell her."

"Are you serious?"

"I..." Oscar trailed off. Was he serious? "I don't know. I can't keep going on like this... but I can't lose her as a friend either. I don't know what to do."

"Fear not, Oscar." Addie sat straight up, startling Odie who hopped off her lap and trotted over to Logan. "I have a plan."

"Addie, what are you talking about?" Oscar asked, looking at the brunette with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"I have been waiting for this day, Oscar!" Addie cheered, jumping up from her armchair. "I have a plan!"

"Be quiet, Addie!" Oscar hissed, his eyes darting towards Stella's bedroom. The last thing he wanted was for her to wake up and overhear their topic of conversation. Though, maybe that would be easier. It would get Oscar's confession over and done with.

"Oh, please." Addie waved a hand absentmindedly through the air. "A hurricane couldn't wake that girl up."

Oscar gritted his teeth, Addie was right. Stella was the heaviest sleeper he knew, nothing could wake her up if she was out. "Okay, fine. Tell me this plan."

Addie nodded, pulling out her phone. "I have it all written down."

"Jesus, Addie."

"Shut up, Logan!" Addie held up a hand, silencing the boy. She scrolled through her phone, finding whatever her plan was. "Okay, here it is." She said after a moment.

"Well, don't keep us waiting." Logan said, sarcasm filling his tone.

Addie ignored the sarcasm. "Here's the name, Operation 'Make Stella Button Fall in Love with Oscar Piastri, a 14 Step Plan.'"

"That's a mouthful." Oscar couldn't help but comment, the name still processing through his mind. He knew that whatever plan Addie came up with would be absolutely ridiculous, but he was desperate. Plus, Addie was in psychology school, so she had to know what she was talking about. Right?

"We can come up with a better name later," Addie waved away Oscar's comment. "Do you want to hear it or not?"

Oscar chewed his cheek. Like he said, he was desperate. He couldn't keep pretending he wasn't in love with Stella, but he also wasn't about to confess without knowing that she felt the same. What harm could Addie's plan do?

"Go for it." Oscar said.

Addie grinned, triumphantly. "Okay, so it's a slow progression through the steps. We start small. So, step one, increase eye contact."

"What's that gonna do?" Logan asked, leaning back. Despite his jokes, he was curious to hear what Addie had to say. He was tired of Oscar complaining about his crush on Stella, he just wanted them to get over it and get together.

"Just trust me, girls go crazy for some good old eye contact." Addie was standing in front of them, waving her hands around, as though she was their teacher. "So, for like a week, Oscar, all you're gonna do is just start looking right into Stella's eyes when you talk to her. And don't break eye contact, let her do it. And if she looks away and looks back, you better still be looking."