He could understand why his alpha had been edged when he saw Jimin with another alpha earlier. Jimin's beauty was something he couldn't describe with words, and there were always lots of eyes on him. Not only from alphas and beats. There were even omegas who had eyes on him. It put his inner alpha on edge. He didn't want to admit that ugly feeling was jealousy, because he tried to still say to himself that he didn't care whether this omega was his fated mate or not.

"How have you been?"

Yoongi finally broke the silence. He was always not good at talking. But he knew this time he should lead the conversation.

"I'm good." Jimin's answer was short. He was tired, and he didn't need this sweet talk.

"Hey, I know you don't want to do anything with me." Yoongi finally started gathering some confidence. "But since we are going to spend two weeks together, how about getting along? Otherwise, others will find out there is something."

"I think for the first time we both agree on the same thing." Jimin commented sarcastically. "And you are right. I don't want Kookie to find out."

Yoongi also didn't want to let the younger find out what had happened, because if he did, he knew the younger wasn't going to see him the same anymore. In the worst-case scenario, the younger might have lost all respect for him. He didn't want to let that happen. He took a deep breath.

"Look, what happened is past now." Yoongi said bluntly. "And it was not entirely my fault."

Jimin pressed his lips to stop himself before commenting on something that he was going to regard. He didn't want to start a fight now.

"I don't care whose fault that was." Jimin declared. "Anyway, there was nothing between us. So, let's try to be friends or not get in each other's way."

"Okay. I'm not going to bother with your work. So, you also don't. Let's go on separate ways."

"I know.

Then there was another awkward silence between them. Jimin opened his coke and gulped down half for once, trying to cool down himself. It hadn't been even more than ten minutes. But he felt like this small meeting had drained him more than an exhausting meeting did today.

"Is that all? Then I will leave."

Jimin finally said, couldn't take silence anymore.

Yoongi didn't reply. He wanted to say more. But he really didn't know how. Curse his zero communication skills.

Jimin's patience was also running out. Since the grumpy alpha didn't say any more he got up to leave.

"Wait." It finally gave alpha some push. "Is Litian mine?"

He finally let out what had been tormenting him for years.

Jimin's fingers tighten around the can in a dead grip. His facial muscles were rigid.

"No."

He replied through gritted teeth.

But both alpha and omega knew it was a blunt lie. The date of Litian's birth and their accident as they were out perfectly matched. Who were they trying to fool?

"Jimin... I..."

Alpha started. But this time, omega couldn't take it anymore.

"Litian is my child." Jimin said, firmly looking into Alpha's eyes. "I don't care who her father is. It doesn't matter anymore."

"How do you say it doesn't matter?" Yoongi wanted to shout in frustration. "She is clearly my child. We both know it."

"So what?" Omega asked in a challenging way. "I've been with her whole life. You didn't do anything for her."