too late

(inspired by the future arc from the anime)

you were a student at hope's peak academy, and you had a few close friends, which included (crush), and (friend name).  you were really close with both of them.  you three had stuck together after the year had begun.  everything went smoothly for you that year, and you were really happy with how things were turning out for you.

until one night changed everything.

one night, (friend name) had plans to study with you in the library.  you wanted to meet up with them, but worrying for your safety, they told you to stay in the library until they got there.  but it had been a few hours ever since they told you that.  weren't they supposed to meet with you an hour ago?

what was going on?

you had walked out of the library, and walked around the halls, looking for them.  you had called them with your phone several times, and they didn't answer.  something was wrong.  if something was up, they would've texted you, right?  while you were walking, you saw something up ahead in the halls.  however, after you took a closer look at it, you froze in complete horror.

you saw (friend name)'s body in their own blood.  your heart had dropped, witnessing this.  you ran up to them, trying to wake them up.  find any way of saving them.

but their body was cold.  their heart stopped beating.  it was too late.

what in the world happened?  a few hours ago, they said that they would meet you in the library to study.  and now this?  this was all too much to process.  unable to handle all of this at once, you let out a bloodcurdling scream.  since you were the only other person in the hall, you didn't think anyone would've heard you.  but you were wrong.

one person did.

footsteps were heard coming behind you, but you didn't even look behind your back.  instead, a worried voice was heard.  "hey, i heard a scream!  is everything okay-"  that voice sounded rather familiar.  you slowly turned around, seeing a familiar face.  (crush).  

"(n-name)..."

what do you do?