「 ✦ The Neighboring Seat ✦ 」

"I love you"

Atsushi always had dreams of someone confessing their feelings to him. He wanted someone to love him, he never had that. He also never thought that the one person that had genuine love for him would be bedbound, and dying because of their love for him.

The one person who loved him... was someone he couldn't bring himself to love back.

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Hey, Atsushi!"

Atsushi whipped around at the sound of his name. Down the hallway, Junichirou Tanizaki called his name while jogging to catch up with him. Atsushi stopped walking to wait for the ginger to catch up.

"What's your next class?" The ginger asked.

"I don't know. Honestly, I just got here. I woke up late and got here late. I have to get my schedule from the office... And I don't know where it is!" Atsushi whined. "Do you know where it is?!" He waved his arms around in a panic.

"Hey! Calm down! I'll show you."

"Just tell me where it is, you'll be late on the first day!"

Junichirou started walking towards the office. "No, it'll be fine. Come on!"

Atsushi followed Junichirou to get his schedule. The two chatted as they made they're way to the office, walking side by side.

"Thank you, Tanizaki- Oof!" Atsushi yelped as he felt himself collide with another student. Junichirou caught his friend before he could go down with him.

When Atsushi opened his eyes, they darted to the boy on the ground. He was picking up his bag and the books that fell out of it.

"Crap! I'm sorry!" Atsushi bent down to help the boy. As he went to grab a fallen book he felt a quick sting on his hand.

The guy had slapped Atsushi's hand away.

"I'm good" The boy said as he snatched the books up and left.

Atsushi watched as the black/white haired boy ran away.

"Do... you know him?" Atsushi turned to Junichirou. Junichirou shook his head 'No'. The white haired boy turned back to the other side of the hall where the guy he had bumped into previously had disappeared. "Hmm..."

They finally were on their way to the office again.

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Atsushi Nakajima, a 1st year college student, stood in front of a door. A door of The class B 1-3.

He nervously slides the door open. Everyone in the room goes quiet and looks towards the door.

"Are you Mr. Nakajima?" The teacher asks. The boy standing in the doorway nodded. "Thank you for joining us, take a seat anywhere with an empty spot." And the teacher went back to teaching.

Atsushi's Purple-Yellow eyes scanned over the rows of seats. There were a few empty seats, most were in the back of the classroom. They were really far from the front. Then, there were 2 seats on either side of...

'That's the boy from earlier!"

In the middle of the two empty seats sat the guy that Atsushi had bumped into in the hall earlier. Sitting by him seemed to be his only option. His eyesight wasn't good enough to see anything from the back rows.

He took a breath before he approached the black haired guy.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

The already seated guy looked up at Atsushi. "Sure." Then he went back to his notes.