Tsumugi's Anime and Manga Lesson (1)

Start from the beginning

   "Suuuure, but...aren't you a robot?" Kiki asked. "Don't you have an origami-making function, or something, installed in you already?"

   "Yeeeaaah, Kee-boy, don't you have an origami-making function, or something? Hmmm?" Kokichi repeated the question as he eyed Keebo with an evil smirk. Keebo fidgeted uncomfortably.

   "Urgh...don't bring stuff like that up!" he muttered to Kiki, though he kept his eyes on Kokichi.

   "Bring what up?" Kiki asked, raising an eyebrow. 

   "Yeah, Keebo, why're you getting so worked up, dude?" Kaito asked.

   "Nothing...never mind," Keebo said. He sadly watched everyone eating their ramen, a constant reminder that he was a robot that couldn't enjoy a lot of things the others could. After the awkward exchange between Kiki, Kokichi, and Keebo, everyone went back to eating their dinner and talking amongst themselves. Kokichi was flirting with Himiko, reaching into her bowl with his chopsticks while she would push them away. Rantaro, Shuichi, and Kaede were chatting with each other. Kaito was telling Maki some space jokes, which caused her to roll her eyes with each joke he told. Tenko was busy complimenting Kirumi on the ramen. Gonta was showing Angie a picture of some bugs he took. The others remained quiet as they ate. Kiki couldn't help but feel that she was being watched. She looked up to see Tsumugi staring at her with disdainful eyes. Kiki decided to ignore her and went back to eating. However, every time she'd look up, she'd see Tsumugi glaring at her. Kiki glared back at her, hoping it would cause Tsumugi to look away, but it didn't work. It went on for a few minutes until Kiki couldn't handle it anymore.

   "You got something you wanna say to me, astigmatism?!" she exclaimed. Everyone stopped what they were doing, and stared at Kiki first, then Tsumugi. 

   "There's absolutely nothing I'd want to say to someone who's never...seen anime or read manga before! " Tsumugi replied, crossing her arms at Kiki.

   "Seriously?! " Kiki exclaimed incredulously. "You're still bent out of shape about that?!" 

   "It's a plain disgrace!" Tsumugi said. "What self-respecting Japanese person has never seen anime, or read manga?"

   "You're looking at her...through your four eyes! " Kiki said, forming circles around her eyes with her thumbs and index fingers. "Now get over it!"

   "I don't think it's that big of a deal that Chibi-Kichi's never seen anime, or read manga before, Tsumugi," Kaede said. 

   "Thank you!" Kiki said, throwing her hands to the air. "Finally! Someone with a brain!"

    "Well, I think it's kinda weird," Kaito chimed in. 

   "Pfft...you have no brain, so I didn't expect a smart comment from you," Kiki scoffed, rolling her eyes at Kaito. Kokichi cackled as he pointed a taunting finger at Kaito. 

   "Heeeey!" Kaito said, frowning. 

   "See?! See?! Kaito thinks it's weird, too!" Tsumugi said. 

   "Well...I don't think it's that weird," Kaito mumbled sheepishly. Though he did find it strange, he didn't want the others to think that he was on the same level of crazy as Tsumugi. 

   "You're not a true Japanese if you've never experienced anime or manga!" Tsumugi continued. 

   "First of all, that's not how things work, horn rims!" Kiki snapped. "Secondly, you're telling me, the person who just made origami art, how to be Japanese?!" She held up an origami rabbit she made earlier. "This is Japanese culture, too! Isn't that enough for you?"

   "Everyone can enjoy anime and manga!" Tsumugi said. "But, origami isn't even that great, especially since not very many people can do it successfully! It's the least interesting thing to come out of Japan!"

   "You want interesting? Keep talking, bifocals, and I'll create the world's first human origami," Kiki threatened. Kokichi tossed his head back and laughed proudly as Kiki and Tsumugi continued to glare daggers at each other.

   "Calm down, Tsumugi, it isn't even a big deal," Maki said. 

   "Yeah, it's not anything to lose your mind over," Rantaro agreed. "Besides, there's no need to be so harsh to Kiki. She's just a little girl."

   "That's no excuse!" Tsumugi shouted. 

   "Tsumugi, if you want to show Kiki how great anime and manga are, might I suggest you introducing it to her in a more...cordial manner?" Kirumi offered.

   "Too late for that," Kiki said, crossing her arms. "If she likes anime and manga, then I don't!"

   "Wise choice, short stuff!" Miu said. "Anime and manga are for losers, anyway!"

   "Um...but don't you have a manga hidden under your pillow, Miu?" Kaede asked. "What's it called, 'Peach Bunny Parade?' "

   "Eeeeeeeee...l-learn to keep your mouth shut, bitch!" Miu squealed as she turned red with embarrassment. 

    "Ah, hey, Kiki? This is only a suggestion, but, I think you should take up Kirumi's offer," Shuichi said. "You never know, you might like anime and manga. But, it won't work unless Tsumugi is a little nicer about showing you first, though." Shuichi gave Tsumugi a pointed look. Everyone waited for Tsumugi's response.

   "I shouldn't have to introduce it to her in the first place, but...fine," Tsumugi sighed. Everyone turned to Kiki now.

   "Kiki?" Kirumi asked softly. Kiki rolled her eyes.

   "Whatever," she said. "But, if I don't like it, 'Tsunami's' gonna have to get over it."

   "It's Tsumugi! " Tsumugi corrected angrily.

   "iT's tSuMuGi!" Kiki mocked, followed by an evil laugh. Kokichi grinned proudly at her, and ruffled her hair adoringly.