chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1

Start from the beginning

I opened the door and stepped out. I saw his mouth open slightly as if he was going to say something but was at loss of words.

Hee-haw!! I managed to shut his mouth for once. Quite an achievement, El. Bravo! Bravo!

"Maybe we should call the ambulance... for me." He said and collapsed on the floor.

I panicked and reached beside him quickly.

"Luke?" I said and started rubbing his palms.

"Oh God! What should I do now?" I said exasperated.

I'm bad with medical emergencies after all! That's a fact you should know. So never faint or anything in front of me. The great Elena won't be of any help then.

Luke popped open one eye and said, "I think you need to perform CPR"

I punched him on his chest and got up, then kicked him once more.

"Awww... You have a very wrong idea of giving a CPR, darling" he faked horror.

"In your case, Luke, all my knowledge about that subject has just evaporated from my brain"

He sat up and grinned.

"In that case, I might be generous enough to teach you how to give a CPR then" he said and winked playfully.

"Ah nice try Mr. Jerk No.2" I said.

Remember my bro, Nathan? I considered him the No.1 jerk. But now I guess I should re-consider the ranking. Obviously, Luke was in the scenario now and he was really talented enough to be the ultimate jerk.

He stood up and asked, "What 'try' are you talking about?"

"Try, to get your delicious lips on mine" I replied instantly.

Ooopss, I'd blurted out how I thought about his lips.

Note to myself: slap yourself in front of the mirror until it turned red.

As expected, feared, dreaded, and detested, his face was embraced by the infamous Lukious smirk. He licked his lower lip seductively as he entrapped me with his eyes.

I turned around feeling the flush reach my face.

"Delicious, huh? Well, I can say that about your back too. It's so...." He stopped when I turned furiously, glaring at him and placing my hands over my waist. I raised an eyebrow and challenged him to complete the sentence.

He exhaled loudly and raked his hands through his hair.

"Don't do this to me, El. Its killing me" he whispered slowly.

His grey eyes were not playful anymore and his face was serious. His lips were set in a hard line. He looked...tortured?

Huh?

"Firstly, don't call me El. You are not allowed. Only the ones close to me can call me that. And secondly,..."

I yelped as I was now on the sofa lying on my back with Luke over me. His eyes were storming grey and I could feel his minty breath over my face.

"Do you now consider me close enough, EL?" he spoke dangerously.

I was captured in his eyes. But then I realised we were in the shop and not on the sofa of my living room to be in this position; Which definitely felt right and wrong at the same time.

"Get-- off --me, Now" I said trying hard to push him away. But all my efforts were in vain, he didn't even feel anything.

Okay, so I've to join the gym soon and do some muscle building exercises. It may come handy in these kinda situations.