𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞

Episode 3 "The Forbidden Zone"

JJ let out the smoke from his joint and warned us, "Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" He shouted as Easton helped me out of the cave. "It's the guys who robbed your house." JJ projected as we ran behind the tombstone. "Lights."

"Turn your lights off, man."

"Now!"

"John B? Your light!" I whisperer-shouted to him. "Shit." He muttered as he fumbled to turn it off. "Do you think it's them?" Kiara asked as she hid behind Pope. "Homie's got a gun." JJ announced. "Screw this." I huffed as I bolted from behind the tombstone and to where they came from. "Oh, my God." Kiara cried as she caught up with Easton. "JJ," Olivia sighed as she tried catching up to him. "Come on, hot shot." JJ smirked as he grabbed Olivia's hand and they ran.

We reached a metal gate that we haven't seen before. "Boost her." JJ told John B as he boosted Olivia over the gate as well as Jessica, Kiara, and I. Pope was the last to hop over the fence. "Guys! Guys!" Pope shouted as his friends were running still. "Shit." East cackled as he noticed Pope stuck on the fence. "Guys, I'm stuck." Pope stressed. "Come on!" JJ shouted.

"You're gonna rip me." Pope cried as Easton, Kiara, Olivia  and I tried to help him down. "Pope, don't move." Kiara told him. Easton and I couldn't help but die laughing behind Olivia and Kiara who were actually trying to help him. Kiara grabbed him while Pope's shorts got stuck to the fence. "It's a little Tootsie Roll." JJ giggled as they ran back to the Twinkie.

"Get in!" Olivia giggled as she opened the door for Pope to hop in. "Come on." Kiara smiled as she and Olivia got in as well and shut the door, laughing as we drove off.

S y d n e y

We sat on the porch and just talked. It's pretty dark and barely any light. "Can we just talk about how Pope almost died earlier?" JJ laughed as Pope death stared him, "Okay, it's not funny."

"I'm gonna go get a beer, do you want one?" I whisper to Easton who's sitting next to me like usual. "I'll come." Olivia chimed as she overheard. I look back at Easton for a response. "Yeah. I'll have one." He smiled. I stand up and walk inside with Olivia.

I let out a sigh as I walked towards the fridge. I open the door to feel a light breeze of cold air hit me. I grab three beers from inside. Olivia is sitting on the counter with the bottle opener in hand. She grabs one and tries to open it, and fails. "Ugh, I can never seem to get this to work." She complained.

"Here." I walk over to her and motion for her to give it to me. I crack open the bottle with ease and do the same for the next two bottles. I look up at Olivia when I'm done to see she has a worried look tattooed on her face. "What?" I ask.

"Sydney... What happened to your face?" She asks quietly. I turn my head to look at my reflection in the window. I guess some of my makeup wore off when I was running earlier, and now that there was light brought to my face, she could see the black and blue bruises.

"Syd?" She repeats.

I don't look at her and I run to the bathroom.

"Syd!" She yells in the distance.

My friends never seen me like this. They don't know about this.

I can't breathe. All I can hear is my heart pounding as I slide down the wall and onto the floor.

O l i v i a

"Syd!" I call out but it's no use because she's already in the other room.