𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

Episode 1 "Pilot"

S y d n e y

A light breeze filled the air. Beer in my hand, laying back on my free hand and my head held towards the sun, soaking it in on a summer's day. Gotta love trespassing to check out the new homes.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival." Pope spoke as he looked up at John B who had one foot off the roof of the mid built house. I look over to see John B stick the tip of his finger in his mouth then sticks it up pretending to check the winds.

"Hm, Should I do it?" The boy asks.

"Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down" Pope answers as he holds a drill up like a gun.

"You'll shoot me?" John questions while making a finger gun back at him.

Kiara walked out of the house talking about all the fancy rich things being added to the place. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." "Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ shrugs with a smirk."This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" "I can't have cold towels." JJ comments. "Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie said, turning her attention to John B.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ speaks, then takes a sip of his own beer.

John B drops the beer immediately after JJ says that, causing me to let out a laugh while looking at the boy next to me. Easton turns to me and starts to laugh with me. Olivia and Kie join in from the deck.

"Of course you did. Right as I said not too."

I look the other direction and see the security car parked out front. "Hey guys, wrap it up its time to go, security's here."

"Gary, it's good to see you man!" JJ yelled.

Everyone moves from their position to leave as security yells at us. Easton offers a hand to help me up and then we all start running as they try to catch up with us. JJ of course starts messing with the guards as he almost runs straight into a pole. "JJ watch out, man!" Easton yells. "I'm good, I'm good." JJ replies. "Come on J!" John B yells because JJ is so many steps behind.

We hop the fence and slide the slightly rusted door to the van open and hop in. Kie and I sit in the back, Olivia in the passenger seat, and John B in the driver's seat. John B starts driving around to the front to catch the rest of the boys. We yell for them to get in. JJ fully jumps into the moving vehicle while Kie grabs Pope and I grab Easton. JJ grabs a beer from behind him and sticks it out the door. He starts taunting the guard as he hopelessly runs trying to catch us. Everyone laughs as Kie tries to protest.

"Guys stop. You're going to give him a heart attack."

"Aww you're so close! You can do it. There you go. They don't pay you enough man" JJ encourages as he throws the beer in the path.

"JJ stop. Stop."

"Oh, come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." JJ laughs out.

I sit back on Easton as he continues laughing at JJ. 'Left hand free' Starts playing on the radio and we head back to the Chateau.

J o h n B

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. All right, so this is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. So, guess where most of us don't live.

And then, this is the south side or the Cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of... drumroll, please... the Pogues. That's us. Pogues, Pogues, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. But, the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.