Adaline

• her •

If I could go back in time, I would. Change everything and fix it. But, this is the real world. And what's in the past, stays in the past. We have no present. Once, something's done, it's part of the past. There is no present. And fuck the future. It holds too many secrets. We're oblivious to the fact that life already fucked us up, and that the future is not going to change unless you do so. Like I said; if I could go back in time and change it, I would. 

Walking around the city at three a.m is something that girls my age shouldn't do. It's dead hour. But girls like me, have reasons to be out this late and knows how to handle it.

Wearing all black is something I always wear, but for this it's mandatory. You can't be seen, nor can't you be heard. Many years of practice and you'll get it down. I've been doing this for basically my whole life. I grew up doing this. It wasn't a choice. If it was, then I wouldn't be doing this. 

 I checked about half of the alleyways here, and still couldn't find any trace of them. They have to be somewhere here. This is their next meeting spot. A city spot is usually not their forte, but whatever. 

Of course, it was a Friday night. Pubs were filled tonight. They wouldn't go where there's a lot of people. They're on the other side. I walk past all of the pubs, trying to blend in so no one thinks out of the ordinary. Getting past the bars, I hear a trash can fall in the alleyway to my right. 

"Come on babe, I can make you feel so good." I hear a high pitched voice say. Just another couple. Gross

"Ew, no get off me." The guy desperately tried to pry her off of him. I look over and see the girl has him pressed against the wall. I roll my eyes at them. 

"Someone help me!" He shouts. The girl starts groping him. I literally gag at the sight. 

"Hey!" I walk towards them, still in the shadows. Both of them turn their heads towards me. The guy had a look of relief, while the girl had a look of disgust. What's disgusting is her makeup. She did not know how to put some on. 

"Yo, sugar tits, back off." I command. 

"Get your own man, this one's mine tonight." She bites back. 

"Get off my boyfriend, or else I will pop your boob," I threatened, "wouldn't want your precious balloon go to waste." She gasps. She turns towards the guy and says;

"You can do so much better than her." I yank her off of him and grab her by the collar of her shirt, pushing her harshly against the brick wall. 

"How do you like to be in his position now, honey." I sneer in her ear. 

"When I say back off, I suggest you back off, okay sweetie?" She looks at me frightened. I let her go. She quickly gets up and runs away. The guy looks at me stunned. His mouth opened and closed. I look at my hand, seeing makeup smeared all over. Mentally gagging, I wipe it off on the brick wall. 

"Oh my god," he squeaks, before clearing his throat, "uh, thanks, but I could have totally handled that by myself." I scoff at him.

"Someone help me!" I imitate him. Well, this totally delayed what I was going to do. Walking away, I hear his foot steps trailing after me. 

"You know, usually the guy saves the girl." He states. 

"This is reality," I start, "both girls and boys are victims, and both are culprits."

I walk the opposite of what I was hoping where he was going. Quickly, I needed to get where I needed to be. 

"Will I ever see you again?!" He shouts. I pull my hood up and turn around to look at him. 

"Be safe, kid." I say to him and turn back around.