Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 36

Start from the beginning

“We’ll get you Leaf Ninja at the Tournament!” I hear Nobu shouting behind us, making our shoulders droop. “We were just bored at first, but now it’s personal!”

This is what happens when you constantly make fun of people” Neji informs me wryly, shaking his head and letting out a low breath. “People tend to get upset.”

“Why are you both treating me like I’m three years old?” I complain, to which Shikamaru chuckles.

“When you stop acting like a three year old, we’ll stop treating you like one” he promises, making me blanch. I sigh deeply, and walk alongside my two male teammates in silence, taking in my surroundings. The Grass Village is quite a nice place, not as big and nice as the Leaf, but still nice all the same. It’s still got the same sort of warm climate as the Leaf Village, and it’s full of greenery and other plant life.

I suddenly freeze, my eyes narrowing as I glance at one of the many stalls set up in the street. Turning to face the stall fully, I stare at the back of someone’s head. It’s a very familiar red head, but I can’t see properly….

The red headed person suddenly turns around, carrying a small coloured bag that she must have just purchased. My eyes widen as she smiles lightly down at the tiny bag, her eyes shut in a closed eye smile and her long ponytail swishing around the backs of her legs.

She suddenly looks up, opening her eyes and glancing around. She soon spots me staring at her and pauses momentarily, before her face breaks out into a bright smile, amber eyes sparkling.

“Uh oh…” I mutter, making Neji and Shikamaru glance back at me. They see me staring straight ahead, before the red head girl skids to an abrupt halt in front of me.

Ashley!” she cries happily, throwing her arms around my neck and making me stiffen.

You…..” I growl ominously, to which Neji sweat drops, pale eyes widening slightly. He must recognise her as well…….A question mark appears above Shikamaru’s head, as the red headed girl releases me and giggles giddily.

“How are you Ashley?” she asks excitedly, turning her head and looking around again, more enthusiastic now. “You look so different, although you still need to lose a little bit of weight. Oh wow, it’s been ages since we’ve seen each other! How are your teammates? Are you here for the Tournament? Where are your other teammates? Did they go and s-”

“Kiba’s not here” I hiss, glaring coldly at the red head and making her pause. She blinks a few times, before her shoulders slump and she lets out a tiny sigh. “And before you ask, yes, we’re still dating too.”

“Ohh….” she mumbles, disappointed. Well, I’m definitely glad Kiba didn’t come now. The last thing I need to see is this psycho hanging from him again.

“I figured he’d be one of the best in the Leaf Village, considering how brave he was when he saved my life a few years ago” the girl recalls softly, her sparkling eyes and dreamy smile making my face darken. Yep. I still hate her.

Seeing the look on my face, Neji suddenly sweeps my feet out from underneath me and abruptly turns around.

“Sorry, but we have to get back to our hotel” he informs the girl, his usual slow walk suddenly turning into something that’s not quite a jog, but wouldn’t exactly be classified as a casual stroll either. “Good bye for now Tozoku.”

“Oh, well…..see you all later then!” said red haired witch calls kindly, waving her hand in the air. Shikamaru blinks a few times, before turning around and jogging after us, scratching his head in confusion.