chapter 4

We are back at my place. The whole ride was filled with silence as everyone was tired and sleeping. I needed this time to think. Who could it be?

He said he knows me.

He knows vaibhav, maybe a friend, but a friend wouldn't do something like that to him. He has few friends but I know they are trustworthy or am I trusting them too much.

Yugg... My mind is about to explode. This is too much for me to handle.

Ping

The dreadful sound. I picked up my phone and saw the message it's Vaibhav.

--Have you reached safely? How are you? Did you see a doctor?--

As always he is worried. I wanted to tell him everything but the thought of something happening to him made me shiver. So I decided not to for some time.

--Yes I am fine, don't worry. Your business trip is near right? Focus on it, do your best and get that promotion.--

-- I will. Take care of my love for me.--

Him and hi cheesy lines.

--okay Mr romantic. Love you--

--Love you too, bye--

Inspite of that guys warning I decided to block his number. What can he do to me here, I am too far away.

For a few days everything was quite normal. I went to school, came home, ate, slept and repeated the same schedule. I like this boring life. Teaching is my passion and my first love.

I thought life was back to teach and maybe that guy gave up and regretted his actions. I have a habit of seeing the good in people.

I reached home and received a parcel. It's my birthday tomorrow, I think this must be from vaibhav.

I quickly but carefully opened it.

It has a beautiful red dress inside and a picture book. He knows me too well. I love picture books. But something wasn't right. All the pictures showed me but I didn't take these pictures.

In some I am teaching, in some with my friends at my favourite restaurant, there are even some of me gardening. I dropped the book and took a step back in shock. This is definitely not Vaibhav.

My blood ran cold. How long?
Was he always keeping an eye on me? Is he some psycho stalker. No I can't hide this anymore. This has gone too far.

I picked up my phone to call Vaibhav but I heard a wizz sound and my screen went blank.

"What the hell!" I tried activating it but nothing worked.

What is happening? Is this his way of telling me to back off. Not so easy Mr.

I ran down stairs and dialed Vaibhav's number on the landline.

"Pick up, pick up." He didn't.

Damn it. I dialed again but he wasn't answering. His seminar...he must have kept his phone on silent. Oh no, what now?

I was alone at home. Dad has gone to distribute cards and mehek is with him. We are currently staying at my Nani's house. This place is close to my school and we didn't want to leave it empty after Nani died.

I need to think of something. The parcel...there must be a return address or a name. Something I can work with.

I rushed upstairs and searched every inch of that box but there wasn't any address, just my name and our address. The picture book was still lying on the floor.

"Face your fears Siya." I gave myself a little pep talk.

I picked it up and turned some more pages. More pictures of me eating, dancing, reading. It's like a look into my life. My private life of which only a few know of. I feel like someone hacked my Instagram and filled it with his favourite pictures of me.