The Other Side Of The Door

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Midnights got really really close to 1989 ear and whispered “I love you too” She put her hands on 1989’s waist which gave 1989 chills as she was not ready for that. “What are you doing…?” 1989 asked Midnights, slowly turning her head towards her. Midnights just pulled her closer by her waist. 

Midnights sat down on a random wooden log in the middle of the woods and placed 1989 on her lap. 1989 was about to say something but Midnights shushed her and started kissing her neck. 1989 was about to say something again but instead moaned as Midnights bit into her neck.

“MIDNIGHTS YOU’RE ALIVE” lover ran and hugged Midnights as 1989 got off her. “Um hi” Midnights said a bit confused. Reputation walked behind them very slowly. “Damn it you’re not dead” Midnights slapped Reputation. “I see you guys made up” Lover said. “And made out” Reputation added. Midnights slapped her again. “BRO WHAT DID I DO?!” Midnights just rolled her eyes.

1989 turned to Reputation. "Are you gonna say you're sorry?" Reputation raised her eyebrows "for what? You did make out with someone" she explained. "Midnights doesn't seem to mind that so much." Reputation sighed. "Fine, I'm sorry" she mumbled but 1989 accepted it as she knew that was the most she'll get.

They went back home. 1989 went to Midnights house to make sure Midnights won’t try to kill herself again and the rest just went to their own house.

The next day, all of the girls were in the cafeteria. 1989 and Reputation had a food fight while Midnights was smoking and Lover was just watching them. Suddenly Evermore came from behind Reputation, who was standing on a table, and pulled her down making Reputation fall. Evermore started laughing hysterically and Reputation just hit her.

Seconds later two girls walked in. Actually, only one walked in, the other was in the first one’s arms. It was Folklore and Speak now. Lover went over to them and tapped Folklore on the shoulder so she would notice her.

Folklore set Speak now down gently and went over to the group, Lover running behind her. “That’s new.” Reputation said. “Since when?” 1989 asked. “The party” Speak now said, smiling. “Eve, what about you and Red?” Lover asked and Reputation rolled her eyes. “What about me??” Red came behind Evermore and hugged her from behind. Evermore went behind her and held Red’s waist. “We just talked about yours and Eve's relationship.” Lover explained and Reputation rolled her eyes again. “Are you together yet?” Lover continued. Evermore shook her head and Red did too, though she looked a little disappointed.

“Eve, can I talk to you for a second?” Folklore asked. “No, we’re with friends. Can’t it wait?” Evermore said, not letting go of Red’s waist. “No, it can't wait.” Folklore said as she dragged Evermore away from the group and behind a vending machine. 

“What do you want” Evermore asked, annoyed. “Ask Red out” Folklore said. For Evermore it felt like a rock just fell on her and she had to carry it. “Excuse me? Don’t tell me what to do.” She said, still very annoyed. 

“Eve did you not see Red’s face when she said you two weren’t dating?” Folklore said. She was calm and talked in her soft and kind voice. “I was standing behind her.” Evermore said and her voice turned into more of an ‘i need an excuse’ than annoyed. “What’s the problem with asking her out anyways? it’s obvious you’re both so in love with each other.” Folklore explained. “You wouldn’t get it, just fuck off and mind your own business" Evermore scoffed and walked away back to Red.

Folklore never got mad, a lot like Lover. Though the difference between the two was that Lover was a very happy person who always searched for the good in people but if they hurt her they would be dead to her, Folklore on the other hand was very depressed. She obviously didn’t show it, as she thought it would just make more problems for the people she loved, so she stayed quiet about it. Also if a person wasn’t a good person, she’ll know. But she wouldn’t go around saying that, she would just step away from their way and let them do what they want. If someone hurt or betrayed her, she wouldn’t be mad at them, she would just close herself and try to understand what was wrong with her. She helped others a lot more than herself, and she probably had the most problems out of all the girls there but none of them knew it.

She stood there for a moment, behind the vending machine. She didn’t want to seem annoying to her sister so as she went back to her friends she kept her head down and stared at the ground, not saying a word.

“Folklore, are you okay?” Lover suddenly asked which made Folklore flinch. “Huh? Yeah, Yeah I’m okay. I uh I have to go” She said as she walked away pretty fast from everyone. Folklore was used to being mostly ignored or unappreciated by a lot of people, though she would be lying if she said it didn’t hurt the most coming from her own sister. In her mind she went over all of the things she did wrong. ‘I shouldn’t have told her that’ or ‘I looked demanding’ and other thoughts ran through her mind as she walked up the stairs to her house. She got in and went to the attic where she used to paint as a little kid but then it turned into her reading place. Evermore couldn’t go in there as the door had a fingerprint lock that only Folklore could open.

Folklore didn’t cry, she cried a lot in her past which made her cry less now. She sat down and took a paint brush. She pulled out a canvas and started painting. She wasn’t the best but she most definitely wasn’t the worst.  She painted for a while and as time passed she got tired, but she didn’t stop painting. After a little while she fell asleep, she didn’t try, but she did.

Evermore got home a few hours later as she was hanging out with Reputation until late at night. Evermore walked through the house. She was used to coming home late and having dinner set on the table, which Folklore made, but this time there wasn’t anything. Evermore ignored it and made herself a sandwich and went to her room. Her room was messy which was also unusual as Folklore always cleaned the house and the two girls’ room. This time Evermore got a little more concerned so she started looking around the house. When Folklore went home she straight away went to the attic with her shoes and bag so there was no sign of Folklore arriving at home.

Evermore started freaking out. She ran all through her house and looked in every room. She called all of Folklore’s friends to help her search. Usually Folklore would leave the attic door open so Evermore could tell her if she needed anything, but this time she didn’t. Evermore knocked on the attic door as she waited for the friends to arrive but got no answer, as Folklore was completely asleep.

Soon enough everyone arrived, some had panicked looks, some looked annoyed, but one stood out. Speak now ran inside, tears down her cheeks. “WHERE IS SHE!?” She yelled, her voice broken and weak. “We don’t know.” Evermore said as calmly as she could. Folklore was very good at staying calm, Evermore however wasn’t. 

They looked for a few hours before Folklore woke up. She heard people downstairs but she didn’t leave the attic just yet. “Ugh why did she have to just disappear? Does she not know how worried we’d all be? She’s so problematic and attention seeker.” She couldn’t understand who said that but she heard it pretty clearly. She was sad, so she decided to just go. She wrote on a little note: ‘Don’t come looking for me, You won’t find me. I’m sorry for the problems I’ve caused.” She signed it and slipped it under the door. She opened the attic window and climbed to the roof. Then she went down right where there was a little forest and walked slowly into it, making sure nobody saw her.

She didn’t stay in that forest for very long though, she knew where she needed to go. She got on a train to get her to a small village, that’s where she was heading.

She got a lot of stares on the train, everyone knew her as ‘The murderer’s sister’ and not as herself. She sat uncomfortably on the train. She heard whispers and people pointing at her and it was all very weird and uncomfortable but she brushed it off. She stared outside the window, waiting to get to the village.

Have any guesses why is folklore heading there?? Also thank you so much for 100 votes I'm actually so grateful and thank you for over 3k reads that also amazing so thank you so much !!! (I threw a pen at my teacher and it hit his eye:))