I Love

The house was mostly silent, I could hear them talking at the kitchen table still, but not the usual laughing arguing kind of talks. They were quiet. And boring.

Which never means anything good.

I tried sleeping, and I could've sworn I was tired right as I left the club, but now my eyes won't even stay shut.

The illuminated ceiling was my only focus point. everytime a car drove past I could see the shadow in the streetlights.

After a long while, oscar came in, and I could hear his shirt drop onto the floor before he layed right next to me.

I was expecting him to be cold, and just go to sleep without a word. But his arm found mine, and he pulled me into him.

"I'm sorry oscar" I whispered, finding a sweet spot on his chest and closing my eyes.

"Why" his course voice traveled through me, his heartbeat filling the silence when he finished talking.

"What ceaser said was true" I don't like admitting I'm wrong, but I always will.

By now I'm surprised the sun hasn't come up, I feel like I've been awake for days.

"Leave it till tomorrow" he sighed playing with the curls in my hair.

~~~

Oscar pov

"He's just scared mijo. You should understand that" the conversation about last night, and ceasers moment at delilah, still wasn't over.

"Drop it benji" i didn't want to be having this conversation at 8 in the morning.

He huffed in response, lifting his coffee cup to his lips.

Delilah pov

"Are you excited for tonight?" Avas smile didn't fall the whole time we talked. We both haven't been at school for the past days since it's kind of pointless, we only come when those 'important' exams are happening.

"Yes and no, im worried for oscar. I don't know how he's going to cope." I laughed.

"Ohhh did I tell you what I did" I smiled, dodging around the people in the hallways

"Do tell" she smiled back, past the group of freshman boys ruffhousing past.

"I bought a suit for oscar, one to match my dress" I didn't tell anyone when I bought it, because it was before I even asked him if he wanted to go.

"OMG YAY" her reaction made me feel alot more confident about it, I can't wait to see how he looks. If he still wants to come.

"Look" I showed her the picture on my phone.

"Woah that looks expensive as hell" she took the phone zooming in on different parts of the suit.

"I'm so excited to see your dress broo" we kept walking.

"Omg yess I forgot we didn't show eachother" I smiled back, looking at the time. 1 hour left of school.

"Yo next week we graduate" the realization really set in, we did it. When I was a kid I used to wonder if I would even live long enough to finish high-school.

"That's insane to think about, what are we meant to do now" she laughed, but honestly I think she's just as scared as me.
I've been thinking about university. But the only university's of my interests aren't near freeridge. Which would mean leaving oscar.

And I don't want to do that.

"I'll come to yours at 5 to get ready" she hugged me goodbye walking into her last class before prom.

~~~~

"I'm gonna get looks, you sure you want me to go with you?" Oscar spoke while playing with one of my makeup brushes, I was trying to set stuff up so it doesn't take forever to get ready when ava gets here.

"I couldn't care less if we get looks, I want you to come, but I don't want you to come if your gonna be uncomfortable the whole time" I stopped what i was doing to talk.

"I ain't worried about the looks, I didn't want you to have to put up with it" he laughed shaking his head.

"It'll be fine" I dragged taking the brush from him.

"I don't think my suit gonna match whatever you wear drippy" he walked out of the bathroom into his room.

"What do you mean" I followed after him, still hadn't told him that I bought him a matching one.

"I bought it for someone's funeral like two years ago hermosa, that's what I mean" he shook his head.

"I don't wear suits" he tipped his head back looking at the ceiling.

"Well.." I smiled to myself walking over to the closet and pulling out the wine red box.

His face when I turned around almost made me laugh but I had to stay serious.

"Whats this" he asked as I handed it to him.

"Open it fool" bro would know if he took the lid off.

When he opened it he didn't even say anything, but just looked up at me with a slightly open mouth.

"What?" I cant tell if he's angry or happy.

"Is this gonna be the colour of your dress too?" He put down the box lifting out the blazer.

I nodded.

"How much was this?" He ran his hand over the material

"Don't even start oscar" I laughed walking over

"Now you needa take this and go get ready with mario, you can't see the dress until later" I smiled excited to see what he thinks.

"Damn girl." He jokingly frowned putting on a shirt to leave.

"I love it" he bent down kissing me before walking out.

"I love you oscar" I thought to myself rolling my eyes once he left.
I do love him, but I don't know when the right time to say it is, like in middle school everyone just says it as soon as they hug for the first time, but now the words actually mean something.

~~~

After ava showed up we got straight into makeup and hair, making sure everything detail was perfect. The whole time I was waiting to see her dress.

"Okayy it's on" she called from behind the closed bathroom door, it's finally time that I can see the dress.

"Hurry up bro I'm excited" she walked out fixing her hair and I honestly fell inlove with her, my platonic soulmate forever.

"Broo that dress looks so fucking good on youu" it looked better than I ever could've imagined

"Its so comfortable too" she said happily. Placing her stuff in a pile for when we leave.

"Your turn girl get uppp i been waiting so long " she pulled me up by my hand, taking the seat I was in.

"Yayy" I smiled walking into the bathroom.