Chapter 1

Tuesday, September 2, 1975

Sofia and Regulus walk down an empty hallway while talking about the classes they shared together and the fact that they were placed a year above.

Her, Regulus, Barty, and Evan were placed with the fifth years instead of the fourth years, the year they all were in. They were told that they were too academically advanced to be placed with their fellow fourth years.

And it was true.

Sofia was the smartest out of their group, most would say from the entire school, while Regulus, Barty and Evan were all tied for second place.

Many assumed that Barty and Evan weren't very smart, as they spent most of their time doing dumb shit and talking out of their arses, but they were incredibly smart.

As the duo walk around a corner, heading down another hallway, Sofia feels herself run straight into someone else. She had been so focused in her conversation with Regulus that she forgot to look forward.

"Oh, Merlin! I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." She quickly apologizes.

In front of her was a young boy who looked to be their age, yet she had never seen at Hogwarts before. She shares a worried glance with Regulus, silently questioning what happened to the poor boy.

His hair looked to be knotted, he had blood running down his face and covering his nose, he was covered in grim, his clothes looked dirty and extremely worn and he looked exhausted, to say the least.

It looked as though the poor boy had just gone to war.

"Holy shit." Regulus states while looking at him in shock.

"Godric." Sofia says in disbelief. "Are you alright?"

Sofia felt concerned for the poor boy who looked shocked. He stared back at her with wide eyes and his mouth agape while his face looked pale, as though he had seen a ghost.

The injured boy looked towards Regulus before his face becomes even more pale. She was immediately worried that he would pass out. He looked as though he had been through hell and back so she wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he didn't pass out.

"Are you alright?" Sofia softly repeats.

He blinks several times as if trying to make sure that what he was seeing was true. He opens and shuts his mouth several times before finally being to speak while stuttering.

"Uh- Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." He begins. "I just- I might sound a bit crazy but what year is it?"

"What year is it? Did you hit your head?" Regulus says before Sofia can open her mouth.

"Reggie." Sofia sternly says while looking at him with a 'shut up, you're not supposed to say that to him' look. "It's 1975. September 2, 1975."

"1975?" The boy almost yells out in what appeared to be shock. "Holy shit."

Sofia began to worry for the boy, silently questioning whether what Regulus asked him was true or not. There was a possibility that he had a head injury, which could explain why he seemed shocked at the year and why he looked so pale when he looked at them.

She knew he had to get help, and heal his injuries, before things got worse.

"Um- Why don't we go to the Hospital Wing. You're injured and-" Sofia begins before he cuts her off.

"No!" He yells out with wide eyes, suddenly looking panicked. "No. Is Dumbledore al- Is Dumbledore here?"

Now Sofia felt confused. Why did he stop and change what he was going to say? It almost sounded as if he was going to ask if Dumbledore was alive, which he clearly was.