𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑽𝑰

Start from the beginning

"I've no idea. I knew once that your brother used to converse with him via raven, but other than that, I cannot say."

"Should still be there upon my return to my homeland, I should like to meet him."

"He'd be well over a hundred years, Your Grace."

"Aren't you nearing that age as well?"

She joked, Ser Barristan let out a laugh, near grinning as he shook his head with laughter.

"I suppose there is that reason they call me the Old Knight."

"I suppose so."

Sighing, the two settled into a calm silence that held on for some time. Daenerys settled back into her seat, her violet eyes closing to the world as she felt the sun try and soothe her to rest. But the thought of what was happening so far below when she remained so high up kept her awake. It did most nights.

A disease had come to her city, in more ways than one. Having been stressed about the disease spreading amongst the people, a disease the citizens had taken to calling the "Pale Mare," she had another to think about as well. Aegon Targaryen.

What were your thoughts when the pretender came with the Imp?"

She asked suddenly, with Ser Barristan turned with a raised brow.

"The boy?"

"Yes. The boy who pretended to be my brother's son. What are your thoughts on that?"

Barristan turned to the city for a long moment before shaking his head, turning back to Dany with a frown.

"I recognized the man he was with. His name is Jon Connington. He was Hand of the King to your father."

"What happened to him in the Rebellion that sent him out here?"

She asked, with Barristan continuing to explain.

"He lost a battle against the Rebels. The combined armies of Ned Stark, Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon had come on him at the Stony Sept and crushed the Targaryen forces. For his failings, your father sent him away into exile..a kinder fate than what befell others."

"As you and so many others have told me.."

"Your Grace..the words I and others have spoken about your father..the things he did—"

"Are true."

Daenerys had cut him off, sighing heavily as she clasped her hands together, looking to the ground as she tapped her foot on the stone bricks, seemingly ashamed as she shook her head.

"I know it to be thus. I know why the Mad King earned his name.."

"A daughter isn't her father unless she makes it thus."

Looking up at the Old Knight, Ser Barristan stepped to Daenerys and kneeled before her, placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you are of your mother's nature, not your father's. You will be a good Queen, Daenerys Targaryen."