𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝑰

꧁~~~Benget Stark~~~꧂
꧁~~~298 After Conquest~~~꧂

❄❄

❄❄❄

❄❄❄

Benget wakes to the sound of the rise and fall of the girl's chest, her soft breath in the air, and the howling of wolves. Direwolves to be specific. He fell asleep to their howls and he's awakened to them. For some reason, a sense of dread fills his stomach like a sickness. The girl in his bed, Jeyne Poole, sleeps soundly after their little rendezvous the previous night.

Jeyne shifts a little in her slumber, grumbling slightly as she stirs awake, eyes opening as she looks to her side, almost grinning when she sees the bare chest of Benget, the necklace around his neck bearing a small but very purple stone in the center.

"Good morning.."

She draws out flirtatiously, though Ben does not humor her flirting, side stepping it rather as he just gives a brief smile, returning the good morning and shifting over to his side of his bed, picking up his lute. The wood of the lute is beautifully engraved and dark, small amounts of silver filling these engravings of two wolves chasing after one another in a circle, a cycle rather. The strings to a lute are mostly made out of animal gut, but Benget had some of the lower-pitched cords from small strings of metal, the overall lute itself better fitted for colder conditions than most others.

"Are you going to write a song for me?"

Jeyne asks, shifting over, her petite, pale hands grazing his chest as Benget begins to strum to cords, shaking his head.

"If I had to write a song for every woman I ever laid with, then I would lose my mind."

"Ohh, poor, poor Benget Stark gets too much attention."

She chuckles, though Ben does not, simply nodding at her words as he strums the cords softly, relaxing into a melody as Jeyne huffs slightly.

"You know.."

She starts, a smirk playing on her lips.

"There are no women on the Wall. And once you take their vows, you swear off women forever."

"Only until my watch ends, then I can be free to fuck."

Benget remarks, annoyed with himself thinking that Sansa's friend would care for him in any other way other than just sex or his standing. That's what he has longed for in this life: someone to hold him with care, and not to just get something from him. Ros, though a great girl, is just the same as any others. She's more of a friend than anything, per say. Jeyne, the girl he had seen here and there around Winterfell with Sansa, is just that heat of the moment girl that will be gone by the morning. And now it's morning. The last night in this world is now over.