HELTER SKELTER

The van parks in a free spot, a couple of doctors loitering near that spot. “What the hell, Carchi? Getting children involved now?” One asked as he and another doctor helped the unconscious Hirose onto the stretcher, Carchi replying with sigh before showing off his badge ro prove his identity. “What excuse do we use now?” “How about a reckless teen scenario?” Carchi answered the doctor's question. “Hm? What about him?” the doctor asked about Charlie, covered in bruises, scratches and dirt from his previous battle. “I'm gonna be a part of Hellslingers! You better sing my praises, cabron.” Charlie told him and Carchi cleared his throat to tell him something important.

“Before you become a part of us, you need to take two tests.” Carchi said as he and the fighter sat at the table to discuss more about the test. “The two tests are the written test and a practical test. You must pass both of these if you wish to join our force.” Charlie is further informed as he pulls out the camera and starts watching the footage while Charlie groans about the written test. “Not the ghost I was expecting. And it doesn't look like the others I saw. I'll see what the others have to say” Carchi thought aloud and saw Charlie's confused expression as he asked what he meant by ‘others’. “That's right. You can't see them, but that wasn't the only ghost there. Thanks to these bad boys, I can see them, clear as day.” Carchi points to his sunglasses and explains to Charlie how he could see them.

“However, the one you could see must've been in this plane for a while. They take around a year or so to appear in the naked eye, but there are some that exceed our expectations.” Carchi pulls out a laptop and plugs a cord into the camera, downloading the video. “There is another way you can see these ghosts. And that's if you can train your aura. Once you can use your aura to see these ghosts, you can also make physical contact with them.” “aura as in like ki from dragon ball, rest in peace Toriyama, or cursed energy in Jujutsu Kaisen?” Charlie asked and Carchi nodded his head in approval but added that it's more similar to new from Hunter x Hunter, but told him not to worry. “So, why are you giving me this info dump?” Charlie asked while Carchi uploaded the video to someone and passed his new student an old manual with odd looking markings. “This will be your Hellslinger 101. Don't lose it, that's my only copy, and my boss will be pissed if I lose it.” Charlie skims through the pages but Carchi advises him to thoroughly read it.

“All done! Now, I'll drop you off at your home. Lead the way.” And the cowboy drives off, Charlie looking at the hospital and thinking about how Hirose will be doing. “Here. Here. Right there. Look. My house.” Charlie pestered Carchi to stop at a house nestled in a fish market, Carchi questioning on how he doesn't smell like fish. “I usually don't do this for guys, but I'll give you my phone number if you're ready to join.” Carchi leans over to Charlie to stick a post-it note on the book before driving off, Charlie waving to the cowboy. “Sigh…here we go.” Carchi was hesitant, but he took his earphone off and unmuted it, loud profanities emitting off it. “God damn, boss. Who knew you had such a foul mouth?” Carchi jokes but his superior wasn't having it.

“REMEMBER THIS WELL, CARCHI! IF YOU DO THAT SHIT AGAIN, I’LL CUT YOUR SALARY TO NOTHING!” The boss shouted and Carchi just laughed him off, asking if they got the video. “Yeah, we have the video. And what happened to those kids?” a female voice asked and Carchi gave them the gist. “Are you really gonna drag a kid into this?” The female asked and Carchi told her that the boy had potential to be something great. “it isn't odd that he could extract his life energy out in such a life or death situation. But evading most of the strikes of that massive ghost? And managing to damage it? Now that's uncommon.” the boss stated, Carchi agreed with his boss as he turned into a tunnel. “However, that boy will still face consequences of using too much of his life force.” He continued, Carchi only responding with a hum as he drove through the tunnel.