"Because... sometimes you just have to hear it. Even if you've heard it before."

"I'll say it as many times as you need to hear it." He said, leaning just close enough that his arm pressed against hers.

She leaned back into him and chuckled.

"Thanks, Lu."

"Anytime, jealous bug."

"That's a nickname I would prefer you keep to yourself." She said, pushing into him a little.

"You only hate a nickname when it's true." He laughed, pushing her more with his shoulder as she pouted. He couldn't believe how cute she was when she was like this. It made his heart pound in his chest in a way he still wasn't used to.

"I guess that's true." She laughed.

Misaki kicked her legs for a second, relaxing a little before scooting away so she could face him more.

"Have you ever wondered... eh... never mind."

Misaki looked away from him again. He noticed her hand pressed firmly against the bench. Just inches from his hand. He gulped. She looked so pretty in this room. The water making the lights dance around and making her eyes twinkle. His head felt like it was going to explode. His heart was hammering heavily in his chest, drawing him to her.

_________________

"M-Misaki?" Luffy said, catching me off guard. I couldn't remember the last time he had called me by my whole name. I looked at him and tilted my head. He gulped and averted his eyes for a moment. His face started getting red.

Wait a second. What is this? My eyes flitted back and forth, searching. His eyes met mine again, making my chest tighten. His hand slid toward mine. We both flinched a little as our pinkies brushed up against each other. Luffy cleared his throat, glancing down just for a second before encasing his warm hand over mine. My eyes widened a little and I took a sharp breath. Luffy leaned closer, still watching me intently, making sure I was ok with this. As he got closer, I could feel my heart thudding so incredibly fast in my chest. Luffy's lips parted a little as he got so close, I could feel his hot breath brushing up against my lips. My heart was going absolutely wild. This is it.

"Hey guys!"

"Ehhhh! N-NOTHING!" Luffy screeched, letting go of my hand and reeling back before jumping up and away from me.

"Nothing?" Franky said, furrowing his brow. "I just said hi!"

"Oh hey Franky! Heehehehe." Luffy laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head.

I blinked. I just sat there and blinked, absolutely dumbfounded by my rotten luck. You've gotta be kidding me.

"Sorry, I hope I wasn't disrupting anything." Franky said, looking at me, who — by the way — still hadn't moved.

I went full on zone out as they chatted. That time was completely different from the first time we kissed. No prompting. No kissing Zoro. No asking about kissing. No pretty lights. No question. Just. Us. And he just... wanted to kiss me. I wondered if it could have gone this organically back then, or if something deep within him understood all the feelings he had pent up inside, since he had already gone through it. I finally blinked myself back into reality. Franky, you really screwed up this moment between us. I could feel a dark energy emanating from me. Both Franky and Luffy could sense it. The two of them paused in their conversation and turned around slowly to face me.

"Franky? Go away." I said bluntly. Franky backed up, scratching his head nervously.

"You know, come to think of it, I think I'm gonna go check on the Cola!"

"You do that." I said, my eyes narrowed. Franky promptly left, making Luffy look at me.

"That wasn't very nice, Misaki!" My heart skipped a beat when he called me by my whole name again.

"Luffy, what was that?" I muttered.

"What was what?" He said, tilting his head. I could feel myself flush red.

"Before he came in." I said, looking away before meeting his eyes again. Luffy's eyes softened. I knew the moment had passed but I just couldn't bear to leave it like that.

"Well... I dunno... I just..." Luffy started, his cheeks tinted pink. He looked at me, opening his mouth to say something before slamming his mouth shut again. "I'm sorry." He finally squeaked out.

"I don't want you to be sorry." I said, looking up at him. He plopped back next to me and looked me up and down.

"You're not upset?" He asked, glancing down to my lips before meeting my gaze again.

"Not at all." I said, beginning to reach for his face but stopping myself. Luffy looked down at my lips again, taking a breath in before letting his eyes trail down toward my hands, which were now clasped together, resting in my lap. He looked back up to me and, surely without thinking, reached up and ran his hand through my hair. His fingers lingered on the tips of my hair, making me hold my breath. I could see his face getting redder, and he leaned in, ready to give it another shot. I could feel myself trembling. All I wanted was to grab his face and kiss him the way I had wanted to for what felt like ages.

"M'? You're shaking." Luffy said, beginning to pull away. I reached out, clutching his shirt to stop him. My face was so red, and I felt like I was going to explode if I kept looking at him.

"Come back." I whined. Luffy reeled for a moment, unsure how to react. All the way up to his forehead was red. He hesitated before grabbing my face with both of his hands and leaning in to seal his lips over mine.

The kiss was so gentle, and sweet, making my heart swoon and my head swim. He broke away from me, looking at me wildly before crushing his lips back to mine. This kiss was fierce, and hungry, like he was devouring me. I grasped his wrists as he kept kissing me. I felt like my heart was going to win the battle against my ribs this time. Every fiber of my being was jumping on end as fireworks rang out and electricity ran between us. Finally, he pulled away from me, before enveloping me in a bone crushing hug.

"Misaki!" He said desperately. My eyes snapped opened, unsure why it felt like my heart was ripping itself away from my chest by the mere mention of my name.

"MISAKI!" He said louder, putting a hand over the back of my head and burying my face into his shoulder. I can't.. breathe....

"I'm so sorry!"