.𖥔 ݁ ˖ enchanted - zhanghao

Start from the beginning

Soon you stood at the side along with the other girls as other girls keep coming down the stairs, relief washing over you.

A few girls walked down and now nervous is replaced with restlessness. It's good you're not feeling nervous anymore but standing on those heels for ten minutes hurts you and you don't like it a bit.

"Ms. Zhang Meng. Daughter of Mr. Zhang Qianzhe and Mrs. Zhang Xinyan," The woman announces and claps echoed through the room.

You recognized Meng from one of your classes. She looked beautiful with her satin and lacy dress as she walks down with a smile but the one that caught your eyes was the boy next to her.

You were in shock about how charming he looked. He was wearing black suit and his hair was slicked from the sides and his bangs are falling on his forhead. He has a boyish charm to him but looked handsome nevertheless.

As Meng did her curtsey, your eyes were still fixated on him and you wondered what the people would think if they saw you. Of course you're here to be introduced and openly admiring someone when you should be the one admired is gonna make you look bad, you thought.

Meng and her escort walks in and stand next to you.

She gives you a smile as you did the same but you can't take off your eyes on her tall and charismatic escort who looked confident and looked like this whole thing works for him.

Every now and then you find yourself stealing glances at him. He caught you looking ones and your face was flushed all over.

Why am I interested in someone else's possible date? You scolded yourself eternally as you try focusing on everywhere else but at him.

Even after all of you sat down and while you're dancing with Seongmin, you can't help but notice that he's watching you too.

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

You were exhausted after the whole ceremony and you went to the bar to get some drink. You ordered a Sprite and sip it slowly, the burning sensation cooling you down.

You gulped it down and put the glass down forcefully.

"Whatever she's having please," A calm voice speaks.

You turn your head towards the voice and to your surprise and total shock, it was Meng's escort. You feel yourself getting nervous all over again and he's not even looking at you.

"I'm guessing that was not alcohol since we're all under age and all," The guy speaks, possibly to you.

Startled, you pointed at yourself. "Are you talking to me?"

He nods his head, turning his whole body to you. That's when you noticed he was quiet tall.

"Yeah, I guess so." You take your glass and find it empty. That embarrassed you and you got it refilled as the guy stares at you.

"Have we met before?" He says after studying you for some minutes.

You hesitantly shake your head. "I'm... not sure."

He clicked his tongue as if something just came up to him. "You're from here, right? So there's a little chance we actually met." He takes his drink and sips while still looking at you.

"What do you mean?" I would never forget if we ever met, you thought.

"I'm from China," He says causally.

"Oh." You are looking at him now as if you'll soon realize if he does look like a Chinese. "How are you good at Korean?"

"I lived here for four years."