.𖥔 ݁ ˖ bandmate - taerae

Words Count ⋆ 1390

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

A provincial band contest is coming up and you think you and your bandmates are ready for it. You were all blindly celebrating the contest because of the golden opportunity that you fail to see that you lack an important thing: a lead singer.

You have no idea why it didn't occur to you but you can guesss it might be because the former keyboardist of your band, Park Gunwook, actually sings at your practices but since he is busy with school activities because he is the class president and vice president of school council, he has no time to practice. He is always telling you he can't come to practice but you always thought he can be able to play at the contest.

The other band mates can sing but they told you they can't sing it while playing the instrument they are assigned with. They can do back vocals but leading the song is something they never practiced for.

"Why won't you sing, Y/N? You are the front man and all," Matthew, the one in charge of the electric guitar, says as he points at you. It was a weekly meeting and this one was emergency because you are in desperate situations.

"Me?" You pointed at yourself too and let out a loud laugh. "I'm your manager. I can't be singing."

Ricky, the drumist, scoffed. "Listen to what sound she is letting out. Y/N can't be the singer."

"First of all, rude and second of all, why don't you sing Woohyun? I heard you are pretty good singer." You sit next to him as you look for a response.

"First of all, I can't sing and play instrument at the same time. That is hard. And two, stop calling me Woohyun. It gives me the ick." He cringes physically.

"Well, I would beg Gunwook to be back but I dont want to be responsible for whatever happens if he fails his student responsibility," Gyuvin, the present keyboardist, comments.

You paced around the room trying to find a solution but you were panicking. Nothing is coming into mind and no better idea was brought up until someone barged in the practice room.

"Gunwook? Don't tell me you are back in the band," you say as you expectantly watched his eyes.

Gunwook scoffed. "What? I barely got time to study and you want me to practice music? No way."

He then pulls a chair next to Ricky and sits silently.

"Then what are you doing here?" Matthew asks.

Gunwook shrugged. "I can't see my besties in practice? Besides I wanna see the lead singer you picked."

Everyone groaned who were expecting good things coming out of his mouth.

Gunwook confusingly looks at each of you.

"What? Don't tell me you didn't find one yet?"

"No. Of course not," you replied, pacing around the room fast. "No one wants to join."

"You held audition?" Gunwook asks.

"The school refused to let us put out flyers. He thinks we are rebelling since we are so unpopular." You grimaced since this is all being pain in the butt for you. You didn't know what else to do.

"I'm really sorry I had to put you all through this. I didn't think of the contest to be at such unusual time," Gunwook says while shaking his head. "Instead I will help you out."

You looked at him, not expecting to be surprised. "Good God. The only help you will be doing is if you bring in a singer. If not, thank you for your time. Bye, Park Gunwook."