World's Apart...

Depuis le début

Completing her morning routine, she was ready to leave for the office. As a regular employee, her workday spanned from 10 am to 5 pm, filled with familiar tasks. She preferred walking to the office, a brief ten-minute journey from her apartment. Her reluctance to learn driving and her inexperience behind the wheel contributed to this choice. Dressed in a plain white kurta and black pants, she carried her essential duffel bag. With the morning's rain persisting, she carefully navigated her steps, umbrella in hand, to protect her attire from splashes.

 With the morning's rain persisting, she carefully navigated her steps, umbrella in hand, to protect her attire from splashes

                             Like that, her day came to an end, and she was back in her flat. She made daily calls to her family. She had her meal. She prepped breakfast and lunch for tomorrow. Now that she was free, all that was left in her immediate vicinity was silence. 

She had reached a point where she had no one could help her. She used to firmly believe that all she is going through right now is simply a prelude to her eventually receiving all the affection she deserves. However, the last several years have drastically altered her perspective on love and the future. She used to be afraid of bringing someone she loved into the disarray in her life, but now she worries that someone could completely ruin it. Love is a phenomenally lethal instrument that, in time, can transform into hatred. It looms over your head like a knife, ready to strike at any moment. They are going to blame you for everything and anything, and everything you did and went through for them will be forgotten in an instant. Once doubt creeps in, love becomes nothing more than an act. She no longer wanted anyone in her life because she had witnessed the most platonic love crumble. She had someone in her heart before to this major upheaval, but it didn't last long because it wasn't enough to take her attention off of the insanity she was going through. She no longer desires affection nor company. 

She grabbed her laptop, went through YouTube, and watched a couple of the episodes of the shows she was following along. She dozed off in between all of these. With her laptop running and the lights on, she was sound asleep.

                            There was another person residing not too far away from her place. Ishaan is his family's youngest son and a 26-year-old engineering graduate. His family as a whole was still up. For his parents and his two elder brothers, he is still a baby. Hall got along well with all of them, and the family was enjoying a movie night. His older brothers had separate homes and were married. But they had a regular visitation schedule, almost like a family custom. However, after two years of graduation, Ishaan finally joined a firm, thus it was a celebration night.

                           Ishaan was showered with love from his parents as well as his brothers and was never required to assume responsibilities. Expectations never weighed heavily on his shoulders. But merely because he had all the time in the globe does not necessarily mean he's a slacker, it's just he could take his time with everything.

                         By midnight, everyone had gone back to their own bedrooms following the movie night. His head touched the pillows and he fell asleep. After all of the festivities with his friends and family, he was exhausted.         

                     His morning alarm was blasting his ears. He hasn't had to wake up this early in the morning for such a long time. In order to avoid being late for his first day of work, he was having trouble to open his eyes. Nevertheless, himself was once more inspired to curl up for another five minutes. He drifted back to sleep by pulling his blanket over his head. His room looked like the normal den of a lone man. With dimly lit drapes and bedding, an odd-looking big wall clock, a smaller one in the corner, and... He was a good guy, despite his badboy vibe. He's never been romantically involved. He had faith that one day he would run across a girl who would inspire him to reach new heights and push himself to the maximum. His pals used to make fun of him for having hallucinations. Nevertheless, he continues to think that he can have what his parents have.

Back to the present, time seldom waits for anyone, and he was oblivious of the speed with which it passed

Back to the present, time seldom waits for anyone, and he was oblivious of the speed with which it passed. His mother entered shortly after eight o'clock.

She yelled at him, "Ishu...wake up... you're going to be late," and slapped his shoulder.

He was startled to see the time on the wall clock when he opened his eyes. With haste, he jumped up and hurried to the shower. Then, he moved with such speed to be on time for the first day that it seemed like he was a toy car operating on a key. He was rushing around collecting his belongings and baggage together and gave up on breakfast, fearing he was going to be late. But his mother fed him with her own hands since she could not bear to send her son to his office on an empty stomach on his first day of work. And he was gone.

              It is fate's will that these two souls' cross paths on the side of the road. What will happen if she is going to be reluctant to confide in someone who will never be able to relate to her life experiences, while he, who has no issues of his own, will be more than happy to shoulder her burden and stand with her through thick and thin? They are worlds apart. What will happen when he is trying his make their world collide?