Chapter 13 - The Skyberry Farm

Start from the beginning

Ava - "That's great! And we're happy to have you here! Right, guys?"

Talulah - "Definitely!"

Rory - "Yes, I'm so glad that Aaron has decided to join us..."

Ari - "It's...Ari?"

Rory sat there with a grumpy pout as Talulah nudged him in the shoulder for being rude, before she turned her attention back to Ari. The Gold Dorm student smiled at the warm expression on her face, before he grabbed a pack of seeds and went to the garden patch across from Talulah. Ava sat oblivious to the tension between Rory and Ari, and turned to ask Talulah if she'd done any gardening before.

Ava - "Hey, Talulah, did you ever do this kind of stuff back in Eqeoneian?"

Talulah - "I tried, but the royal gardeners didn't think it was appropriate for a princess to get herself dirty with planting flowers."

Ava - "Well, it was their loss! I thought you had been doing this for years, you're a natural!"

Rory - "Yeah, but has Abraham ever been involved with the natural world?"

Ari - "...Actually, I used to help my grandmother with gardening all the time when I was home. We'd make everything from food to flowers, we even tried to grow a new kind of vegetable because I thought mixing the seeds would create a new species!"

Talulah - "Hahaha! That's amazing! Did it work?"

Ari - "Haha, nope! My four year old self was not impressed at the fact we were given a separate carrot and bell pepper."

Talulah put a hand on her mouth as she laughed at Ari's story, unaware of the way Rory was currently giving him daggers for talking to his sister. Ava looked up at the sound of someone walking towards them, and smiled cheerfully at Leaf and Feather carrying bags of gardening supplies.

Ava - "Leaf! Feather! Thanks for bringing us some tools!"

Talulah - "I'm surprised Feather even wanted to come in the school."

Feather let his head fall into Talulah's hands as he took in her affection, but he froze at the sight of Ari sitting by the gardens. Immediately, Feather's eyes narrowed and he walked towards Ari, who sat in fear at the opposing unicorn. Sensing the tension, Talulah quickly steps in between the two, while Rory silently cheers Feather on to attack Ari.

Talulah - "Alright, that's enough, boy. Ari's not doing any harm."

Rory - "Eh, that's debatable."

Talulah - "Rory...Anyway, thanks for bringing us some stuff, you two! You guys are being very helpful right now!"

As if he was never angry in the first place, Feather eagerly lets himself soak in Talulah's attention, while Leaf rolled her eyes fondly at her brother. With everything they needed in front of them, Ava sent the unicorns back to the stables to let them rest, and the students got back to work on their separate gardens. They all worked for about another hour before the bell rang, so the students parted ways to clean up for their fourth and final class of the day. The last class went by a little slow, but everyone went back to their respective dorms, where Rory threw an arm around Talulah and the two of them talked with Ava about the garden.

Ava - "I think the garden's going to be great! I asked Ms. Primrose about it, and she said we can use Leaf's plant magic to get an early batch of berries!"

Talulah - "And Ari knows so much about gardening, I think we could expand beyond skyberries and maybe even grow other magical types of fruit!"

Rory - "Yeah, but I still believe that the garden should be used for skyberries. You know, the thing we made it for?"