Intro

The Immortal King, Talis, was worshiped throughout Newvenia. Why wouldn't he be? After all, he'd ruled the kingdom nearly perfectly for over a thousand years, and was thought to provide the day and night cycle. No war, no poverty, no natural disasters, it was paradise.

...Not that these weaklings deserve paradise... Valetta thought. Not that really mattered, after all, she was about to right the king's wrong. There was no need for caution, she thought as she strolled across the otherworldly city. In fact, the less scared she appeared, the more it would seem like she belonged there. She didn't belong there. Quite the opposite, she was from this world's parallel.

Viola. I've watched her... I think. Why hadn't she paid more attention to her own "twin"? It didn't matter. These people were so docile she could phase out into a seeking spell and no one would pay any heed.

Valetta's vision went black for an instant, and then she was given bird's eye view of the young woman. She was standing before the king in his throne room, presenting some advanced spell she couldn't name. Even Valetta, who was jaded by her own skill, had to admire her control. He seemed relaxed, almost casual with her. That's right. She's his student. Meaning... she can get into his castle! This will be easier than I ever imagined! Coming out of the trance, Valetta supressed laughter. Finally, she could give her realm what it deserved... a ruler. "Get going, Sapphire." She commanded the tame wolf following behind her. "We have work to do."